+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Howz a Reva as a City Car

Advert.

ShilpaMalhotra
    ShilpaMalhotra is offline Just in!

Howz a Reva as a City Car

Advert.
    howz the Reva car , actually i m looking forward to buy a new car , i came across this very interesting article on Reva as a city car ... please help me

check out this article first

So Reva, the indigenous electric car has not impressed you by its diminutive frame? Honestly, it had not vroomed into my heart, till I read this interesting article in a print magazine. Now this magazine decided to put Reva, touted as the city car, to the litmus test, and pitched it for a race against the meanest of all cars, the Audi Q7.

Before, I let the results out let me spell the DNA of each car.

At five meters, Q7 is twice as big as Reva, runs on huge 20 inch wheels, has 240 bhp, which propel 2.3 tonnes of monstrous weight and can accelerate it to 203 kmph, in a jiffy.

Compare this to Reva, which is 2.6 meters long and 1.3 m wide, runs on 18 bhp and weighs 745 kilograms. It takes an eternal 19.7 seconds to reach 60 km/hr and huffs and puffs by the time it reaches its max of 72km/hr.

A Grand Prix of a different kind, the track for this race was the stretch from Noida to Chandni Chowk and back - an area rife with pedestrians, scooterists, and buses; all making a mockery of the traffic rules.

The race began, and a short blast of acceleration was all that was required to zoom Q7 way ahead of the miniscule Reva. But with the traffic coming in thick and slow, it wasn’t too long before Q7’s wheels were lumbering along at a snail’s pace. Meanwhile, the petite Reva, twisting and turning its diminutive frame, surreptitiously made way through the traffic to juxtapose itself next to the Q7 a few red signals ahead. To get maximum efficiency, the Reva driver put the car in the boost mode. In this mode the car accelerates faster but so does the battery. Once within the city both the cars had to limit their speedometer to 60 km/hour – making it a level playing field.

Staying true to its tag line – the electriCITY car, Reva won the race and earned some brownie points, by reaching the finish point a good 13 minutes ahead of the Q7. How?

Well the Q7 got stuck in a massive traffic jam, and became a victim of its own built (if I may say so). While the Reva’s petite frame worked to its advantage- it simply took a U turn and happily headed home.

My verdict: When it comes to bumper to bumper traffic, Reva is at par and in some cases better than any car on the road; but if you like the thrill of adrenalin speeds on the highway, think twice before you sit in this cute little roadster.

sheriff005
    sheriff005 is offline Just in!

Re: Howz a Reva as a City Car

just ok kindda of car.....cant expect much from it as this being a sleek one

dhanarajesh1
    dhanarajesh1 is offline Newbie

Re: Howz a Reva as a City Car

it will be better

+ Post a Comment HERE!