What is an open relationship?
You can say that an open relationship is well, open. It is a type of relationship where the couples agree to indulge in sexual relationships with other people while being married or in a relationship.
Marriage, they say, is the pinnacle of commitment. If you love someone, marriage the most committing things you can do to your partner. A bond, where two people agree to spend the rest of their lives together. The first con of an open relationship would be that your partner would eventually get hurt if you start sleeping with someone else. Even if you both have agreed to be in an open relationship, I don’t think later on any of you would be happy or comfortable with the whole idea. I mean, when you love a person, how can you think of him/her sleeping with someone else?
No expectations, no pain:
The benefit of an open relationship is that you obviously won’t expect your partner to be true to yourself and not cheat on you. So, whatever trust you have in your partner will remain. Your spouse wouldn’t cheat on you or feel the need to hide their relationship with someone else because on open relationship understanding. So your feelings/expectations won’t get hurt.
Nature made men polygamous

Oh well, it has been scientifically proven that men are polygamous by nature (really, how can we not like beautiful girls?), an open relationship can work as a level setter. Also, one advantage is that couples won’t usually get bored after years of their marriage because of someone else from the outside being involved in their life. This can also spice up the original couples lives as both the partners can try on new ‘things’ they learned from their new partner in bed.
Be sure of yourself
Before getting into an open relationship, ask yourself few questions – Do you really want this?, Why do you want this?, Do you want to take revenge on your partner because he cheated on you?, Would it make our lives better or worse? What would I do if my partner decides to leave me for the new partner he met because of open relationship? Only after you answer these questions, you should think of taking the decision of getting into an open relationship.
Long last marriage
Open relationship can sometimes make marriages last longer because of less expectations from your partner, you won’t get hurt, won’t argue much and won’t get bored of each other. So the things between you and your partner would kind of remain fresh and intact.
Hurting yourself
In open relationships, it might happen that you really start getting possessive about your partner and might want to end the open relationship but the feelings might not be mutual. Also, you might not talk about your problem with your partner because you too agreed for an open relationship. So in the end, you might get hurt. So you should think before jumping into an open relationship.

Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of open relationship, would you get into one?