Apparently, once I became a part of WE, I lost the ability to dress myself. Because no matter what I wear, she always ask me to change. – Reggie Steele (Joke)
One of the hardest part of any relationship is change. Recognizing it, adjusting to it, and accepting it. Change is inevitable, everything in life changes. Think about where you are now in life. To get to this very moment you had to change, grow, learn, experience and evolve. So why is it that when people change we tend to be caught off guard?
Now, I completely understand if someone changes for the worse. That’s not something anyone wants to be apart of or contribute to. But what if the change is an improvement? What if they make their life better? Those are the kind of changes you want to witness, to be apart of, to inspire. First, you must be willing to see that the change is taking place. Which means you must be present (aware). Even then it can be a little hard to adjust, because sometimes there’s a part of you that wants them to stay the same. But we’ve already established that nothing stays the same. So why should they? Once you’ve recognized that something is happening, what do you do? You take a moment to mourn the loss of being selfish and you embrace the birth of the unselfishness within you. You put your pride and your ego aside and realize that what you want may not necessarily be what’s best for the other person. Being able to come to this conclusion is a huge step on the road to acceptance. Understanding that things may be different from this moment on but that doesn’t mean it will negatively affect you.