+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Pressure to get married from boy's parents along with cultural difference

Advert.

sonam31
    sonam31 is offline Just in!

Pressure to get married from boy's parents along with cultural difference

Advert.
    M 23 year old... i want to maary with my boyfriend.. but my parents are not allowing me.. boy side there is no problem.. my parents are not thinking about my marriage now.. they think m kid now. But there is lot of pressure from boy sidE. I talked to my parents regarding my relationship but they refused... i cant talk again and again for my marriage to parents... there is no one to support me in my family.. boy is from south india and m from north india.. even our parents cant talk with each other.. there is language problem... plz suggest wat should i do...

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    What about your studies, how long it will take to complete .. Why don't you ask your boyfriend to give excuse of completion of studies and then get married. By then you may be also able to get your parents agree for this ?

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,
    First, you should talk to your guy to talk to his parents, so that they would calm down abt pressurizing, find out what the reasons are that they are pressurizing and to give you both some time, you are only 23, if he is also young then there should be no issues abt age. And if you cant find family to support, find family friends to support you both, or your friends who are slightly elder in age or priests in your religion or marriage brokers or social workers or good astrologer(you both can tell them your problems) who can bring abt an understanding between your parents, as outsiders they may just atleast listen to them, rest is in God's hands.
    They can tell them that it is love,care, mutual understanding, respect for each other that is very important, rather than someone who appears to have everything good, but if there is no compatibility or mutual understanding then things can go wrong, and that there are lot of divorces these days. So better to go with what GOD has arranged.
    Write a nice letter to them and mention why your guy would be a good son-in-law and a good husband.

http://etalkindia.com/talk/love-frie...ds-dr-sky.html

Wish you the best,
    Dr.Sky

+ Post a Comment HERE!