+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

From Strange bedfellows to teammates.

Advert.

suncr
    suncr is offline Newbie

From Strange bedfellows to teammates.

Advert.
    Former Australia leg-spinner Shane Warne was taken aback when he heard he’ll soon be playing alongside his Cricketing nemesis, South Africa Captain Graeme Smith, in the Indian Premier League.

“I won’t tell you what my first impression was,” a smiling Warne said on Monday of the player he’s had a number of verbal jousts with during matches. “When you play against people and you’re both playing for your country you might not see eye to eye, and I haven’t seen eye to eye with Graeme about a lot of things.”

”In a funny sort of way I’m actually looking forward to it, so it’ll be intresting to see how he ticks and hopefully he can help me out with a few of the younger players in the side” Warne added. “ We’re playing together in the same side where we haven’t got along well over the years, but hopefully we might get along as teammates.”

Warne and Smith will play for the IPL’s Jaipur franchise, which will also feature Pakistan’s Kamran Akmal and Younis Khan. Warne said he has no doubt the Twenty20 IPL is the future of the
    cricket. “You’ve got to embrace it… It’s big money for all the players, Let’s work around it, but as long as the priority is to play for your country and state” he said.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: From Strange bedfellows to teammates.

good post.
    kamal

estore
    estore is offline eTI Member

Re: From Strange bedfellows to teammates.

Good to see warne playing against some of the best players in the world

+ Post a Comment HERE!