+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Legal procedure to get married against the wish of parents

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Legal procedure to get married against the wish of parents

Advert.
    Me and my friend wants to get married to each other. Both of us are majors (boy-25 years and girl-24 years) we are in love for about 2 years. But my parents are not accepting to our marriage as we are from different castes. They are beating me like hell as iam not accepting for marring another person. they are threatening me that they will kill us if we got marry against their wish.My father is having some good contacts with political people and rowdies also. My lover is saying that we will proceed legally to convince them. would any one suggest me the procedure for legally proceed to convince them and getting married to him.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    No one is actually above law.

Since its a serious matter, you should consult a lawyer and ask him to get you police protection. But in all cases, even in court marriage, they will inform your parents. And because you have already taken decision to go against parents, it will be not easy.

You will be asked to submit statement against police, they will call your parents and then your parents will pressurize you to take back the charges. However, since you are a legal adult and have given your statement to Police, they can't do anything. But only go to some senior officer else your parents may use their influence.

In short, do not take any of my advice, this is not the right place to take suggestions on such critical decisions. We always suggest you to go legally and with consent of parents but you have made your decision already, hence better take professional / lawyer advice with out wasting anytime.

Goodluck .

+ Post a Comment HERE!