+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How we can do over-clocking in AMD FX6 buldozer processor in 8 core

Advert.

Gaurav Upadhyay
    Gaurav Upadhyay is offline Newbie

Smile How we can do over-clocking in AMD FX6 buldozer processor in 8 core

Advert.
    How we can do over-locking in AMD fusion FX6 buldozer processor in 8 core??

plz i need help to over-lock my p.c....

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    You can over clock it from BIOS, you need to increase its frequency as well as voltage to support it..
    Here is a good article explaining all :

... Voltage:
    Before increasing the frequency, we need to supply the additional voltage necessary to run at the higher speed. Head to the CPU section of your BIOS and look for CPU Vcore. The absolute maximum voltage we recommend on air cooling is 1.4V -- anything higher than this requires water cooling or better. Be warned -- if you crank up the voltage above this point you risk damaging the CPU permanently. It’s better to be safe than sorry and stick to 1.4V as the maximum voltage. Reboot the PC and head back into the BIOS.

Adjusting the multiplier
    There are several ways to overclock Bulldozer, but we’re sticking to the simplest method: increasing the multiplier. Like the Intel K-Series, this is stupidly easy and can give you a significant performance boost. The frequency of your Bulldozer CPU is determined by multiplying the CPU Host Clock (also known as the HTT) by the multiplier. The default speed of the host clock for Bulldozer systems is 200MHz, but if you want to get even better performance you can overclock this as well. However, it’s a much more complicated process, so we’re going to leave the Host Clock at default speed.

We’re aiming for a first overclock of 4.4GHz, which is a moderate speed increase over the FX-8150’s default turbo speed of 4.2GHz. To do so, head to the CPU Clock Ratio in your BIOS (this is the multiplier), which will be found in the CPU or tweaking section. Because we’re sticking with the 200MHz Host Clock, we’ll need a multiplier of 22 to hit this frequency. Increase your CPU Clock Ratio to 22 and reboot into Windows.

You can read it Building a PC: AMD Bulldozer Overclocking Guide

Gaurav Upadhyay
    Gaurav Upadhyay is offline Newbie
    Thanxxxxx Sir for doing my help...........

I will check it out and then tell u what will happen to my p.c..

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Why you want to overclock your processor, is that you find it slow or games are not working properly on your config ?

+ Post a Comment HERE!