Every so often I will see people on social networking sites say “ If I had a boyfriend/girlfriend” they would not have a face book/twitter etc. Why is this? What’s the problem?
My initial thought of why people wouldn’t want their significant other to have a social networking page is because obviously they have something to hide, right?! While this could be a major reason why , after further investigation, I found there were many other reasons to this. Privacy! Insecurities! Controlling! And the list goes on.

I do not believe that Social Networking sites, can solely ruin a relationship, but if either party is being dishonest then of course , the truth will come to light, and that light will shine even brighter once you have hundreds of “friends” at your fingertips.

As in day to day life , we must be aware of the way we portray ourselves and come across on the internet.
Some couples like to make their relationship status know on the web, while others are more private. To each its own. But, if no one knows you are taken, then they will assume you are available, and that leaves a door open for you to get inappropriate messages and comments.

If you are open about your relationship , know that you can not control what others say. If someone makes a pass at your boo, do not get mad, take it as a compliment, they want what you have. Depending on how your man/woman responds or doesn’t , will give you the info you need on if they are trustworthy or not.

You and your partner should have a common respect for one another on social networking sites. Like the old saying, “treat people the way you want to be treated” ,if you don’t want your woman calling another man sexy on twitter, then you shouldn’t either , and vice versa.

We often don’t carefully think before we tweet or update status’, this may lead to something that was intended to be completely harmless, to actually comes across as flirtatious, vulgar or inappropriate to others reading .

The amount of time you actually spend on these sites can also play a major part in the downgrade of your relationship. Spend more time actually enjoying your partner, instead of updating your status.

We must also be aware of the company we keep on these social networking sites, everyone who is following us, does not have out best interest in hand, there are many lurking who don’t want your relationship to succeed, don’t give them what they want. Something’s are not for the internet!