+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~~.International T.V, Indian Actress Facing RACISM.~~

Advert.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Re: ~~.International T.V, Indian Actress Facing RACISM.~~

Advert.
    ............. Jade, Shilpa up for eviction ................
    Day 16, 14:54 UTC - by James Welsh

Jade and Shilpa will face the public vote tomorrow, Channel 4 CEO Andy Duncan has confirmed.

"Tomorrow night Jade and Shilpa will face the public vote," said Duncan. "The British public has the opportunity to cut through the claim and counter-claim and pass its judgement on the events of the last week."
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

No it is not RACISIM - says Shilpa

As the actress opened up, Big Brother asked her if she still thought that Jade's argument with her two days ago was racially motivated. Shilpa shook her head.

"No, I take it back," replied the actress quickly. "Everyone was having an argument. I don't think that is true now. People say things in a fit of anger. But I stand corrected. I don't want people to think and feel that I feel that way. In fact, I'd like you to please clarify.. put this as a statement from my side, if you can: I don't feel there was any racial discrimination happening from Jade's end. I don't think that's true. I think there's lots of insecurities from Jade, but it's definitely not racial."

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Jade: "I cannot have her think I'm racist"
    Day 17, 11:19 UTC - by Daniel Saney

Jade started off down to road to reconciliation last night by trying to convince Shilpa that she had no racist feelings towards her.

The BB3 star, whose grievances against Shilpa have focused around uncooked chickens and the expulsion of Carole, was keen to make her position clear after Big Brother challenged her on some debatably racist comments.

Conscious that Shilpa would eventually hear her words, she decided to clear the air. "I do want you to know, I'm not racist," she began, explaining that Big Brother had questioned her on what she had said. "I said 'I cannot have her hear that and think I'm racist'."

However, Shilpa was unwilling to let the issue drop too quickly, appropriately noting: "That's going to be out and a lot of Indians have heard it. Trust me, it's not going to go down well."

"It probably won't go down well," agreed Jade, "but as long as I have told you that I said it about you."

"Sometimes you say things about me that you can't take back," Shilpa retorted, still unsatisfied, giving as an example Jade's accusation of being "stuck up".

I wonder what is really going on in shilpa's mind .... one moment she says Jade is not racisi and other moment she is still has not come out of the hurt Jade has caused to her.

bigboss
    bigboss is offline eTI Member

What I feel that 1000s of people can't be wrong, if everyone who is watching the show feels that its racism then it is racism. Shilp , on the other I think want to be remain with the show and do not want any unusual thing which can lead her to leave (with polling or something bcz of govt.'s force something similar) the show.

And ofcourse, no one like insult, Jade insulted Indian community, she said "Go back to SLUMS" .. she is directly saying that whole India is Slum.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

to be specific ... its 45000+ and still going on...!!!

Yeh ... she'g going to have a tough time once she somes ..out.!!

Jade's all contracts have been withdrawn & her home has been proviede with extra security and she will be givin police sicurity till the matter cools down.

She'll regret wt she said ... and she will realize now that how powerful India is.

7. Advert.

bigboss
    bigboss is offline eTI Member

Lets see.. how it goes.

Can you give your views how she is actually is .. may be you can start new thread describing her personality in your words & see how much other agree !

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

hmmm... ok i will!!

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Jade evicted!
    Day 17, 21:23 UTC - by James Welsh

The public have decided and with 82% of the vote, Jade is tonight's evictee.

Immediately evident to all the housemates was the lack of crowd noise as Davina spoke to the house.

"Why's it so quiet?" asked Danielle.

A quiet and tearful Jade replied: "I know why it's quiet. What I said the other day. I know."

She later added: "I don't know why I came back in here."

Very Intresting continue to read....

Jade's interview: "I'm not a racist"
    Day 18, 01:27 UTC - by James Welsh

In her post-eviction interview with Davina, Jade apologised for causing offence and said that she is not a racist.

The interview began by Jade seeing a montage of the news coverage of the racism and bullying controversy from Celebrity Big Brother this week.

"Oh my God," she said after a long pause. "Well thats pretty intense. That explains a lot of things... the helicopters, no crowds, being called into the diary room."

Jade was then presented with another set of video, this time of some of the comments she made during her time in the house that sparked this week's row.

"That was quite uncomfortable watching," emphasised Davina.

"That footage was nasty," responded Jade simply. "...about the actual comment, 'Shilpa Poppadom', wasn't meant in a racist form at all. I am not a racist person but looking at that film I can see why it had the impact it had. I look like a completely and utter... nasty, small, one of the people that i don't like myself."

Jade's repeated use of the term "poppadom" prompted someone in the small studio audience to shout to her to stop using it.

"It was said in a cruel, nasty way because you don't like Shilpa," postulated Davina.

"You're right," said Jade. "We weren't really sure about each other. The one particular night when I was saying 'I don't know if you're genuine'... it wasn't an argument, it was just a chat. That night before I went to bed she was upset and I kissed her on her head and said there was no hard feelings."

"Thats almost trying to excuse the... That's quite cruel to say to somebody 'I've been bitching behind your back...'," said Davina.

"It wasn't like that at all."

"You guys wouldn't let the chicken go," pressed Davina.

"I told her, 'Jo may have said the chicken was pink and she wouldn't eat it but 2 days ago she was defending you.'... The Oxo cube thing just got completely blown out of proportion."

"What would you say to anybody that would say that you were racist?" asked Davina.

"I'm not a racist," Jade said firmly. "I would say that I apologise... You cant edit me to look like something that I'm not. I meant no actual hate or nasty hate. That video footage of me is nasty. I'm not going to sit here and try and justify myself. Yes, I said those things and they were nasty. I'm not racist. I don't judge people by the colour of their skin... people can come from different backgrounds... they are different, doesn't mean they're not genuine."

"It seemed there was bullying going on," said Davina. "You are all accused of giving Shilpa a very very hard time because she was different."

"It wasn't because she was different... Jermaine's in there and he's a black man. I'm not going to sit here and try and justify myself. Before I left that house... I didn't realise I said the comment I said that everybody just told me to be quiet about. When I said it I didn't think it as a racist comment."

"Taking the racist side out of it," said Davina, again trying to move on, "you've put that to rest... what about the bullying side?"

"I wouldn't say I'm a bully," said Jade. "I am outspoken and I do speak my mind. There were 2 girls who thought the same... we were talking amongst ourselves about it."

"I think if you saw it back it'd make you feel uncomfortable," suggested Davina.

"I'm a mum, I'm 25, I've got 2 children. I'm disgusted with myself for what I've just seen. I'm not going to sit here and defend myself. I'm sincerely sorry to everybody out here and in here."

"Was it a class thing?" asked Davina, noting that Jade had asked Shilpa about having servants.

"It was one of the first questions I asked and that was fine... We was laughing about not being able to put her bedcover on... She said I was common."

"To be fair, in that argument, which was very heated, Shilpa had never reacted to you as a group," said Davina. "It wasn't just you Jade, it was you, Danielle and Jo often making little comments. That night it was like one step too far. She wasn't unprovoked, it was a reaction to your argument. You started it."

"I did," replied Jade, who indicated that she misinterpreted Shilpa's lack of voice-raising behaviour to falseness.

"That's a beautiful thing in her... she's very unconfrontational," said Davina.

"When I took it upon myself to go and have a word with her," began Jade, to be interrupted by Davina: "...after Big Brother asked you."

"Have you learnt anything from this time in the house?" asked Davina as the final question.

"I've learnt by watching that I'm not that person at all. Just because somebody doesn't argue like you and might be from a different culture doesn't mean they're fake or not genuine. I left the house having spoken to her. I sincerely was really upset about what may have happened and now I'm embarassed in myself."

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

Big Brother dominates the papers

After allegations of racism, Celebrity Big Brother dominates most front pages with the eviction of Jade Goody.

The Daily Express calls Ms Goody's Friday night eviction a victory for decency and tolerance.

The Independent says the row reflects badly on Channel Four which it says was set up to serve minority audiences.

A survey commissioned by the Guardian found that more than half the 500 people questioned thought Channel Four engineered clashes in the house.

'Warfare'
    Most of the papers give significant space to the arrest of Downing Street aide Ruth Turner as part of the cash-for-honours investigation.

The Daily Telegraph's front page says the arrest has caused open warfare between Number Ten and Scotland Yard.

In a profile the Times says Ms Turner has a formidable ability to persuade people to do her bidding.

The Guardian quotes a past interview in which she says she had not intended to join Labour as a student.

'Arms race'

The papers give different interpretations of China's motives for destroying one of its own satellites with a medium range missile.

The Times
    says the show of strength was intended to force the United States into abolishing weapons in space.

In contrast the Telegraph says there could now be a new arms race miles above us.

An analysis piece in the Guardian says China has shown it can destroy America's satellite technology.

'Contract loss'

The Daily Mail has brought together the two subjects in the 1980s Athena poster called "L'Enfant" or "Man and Baby".

Model Adam Perry, now a property developer in south London, said he was paid just £150 for the shoot, despite the poster making millions.

The Financial Times leads with a story that Airbus UK is in danger of losing a contract potentially worth £100m.

The paper says construction of the A350's wings could move from Filton, near Bristol, to Germany or Spain.

Soniya

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

After the row with Jade earlier in the week, Shilpa went for a chat with Big Brother to try to explain how she felt about the argument. Keen to give Jade the benefit of the doubt, Shilpa told Big Brother that if Jade apologised, it would soon be forgotten about.

When it was announced that Jade and Shilpa would be going head-to-head for the Friday night eviction, Jade was convinced it would be her taking the long walk. And ultimately, with 82% of the vote, Jade was sent packing.

Shilpa was obviously relieved to have managed to survive the public vote and the following night behaved totally out of character - by swigging cider.

Whatever next?

They still don't like shilpa it seems ... even after a week of revolt ... they ( Big Brother Kerta-Dharta's) sill show un concerned attitude towards Shilpa ... who they all care about is jade ... who has been sent undergrounp for safty.

Soniya

Big Brother and Carphone Warehouse still talking

Mark Sweney
    Friday January 19, 2007
    MediaGuardian.co.uk

Despite publicly suspending its sponsorship of Celebrity Big Brother, Carphone Warehouse remains the official sponsor of the show.

Hope YOU can understand what POLITICS is

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

ya.. thats the game

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

game ... yeh sure ... but its no sport!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast