+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Deepa Mehta's water is now in last 5 in the race of Oscar

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Deepa Mehta's water is now in last 5 in the race of Oscar

Advert.
    Indian movie Rang de Basanti, the official entry from India to Oscar in the Best foreign Film was out just in first level.

But now Indians are feeling proud for Deepa Mehta's file "Water" which is nominated for last 5 for the best foreign film category.

This film is official entry from Canada to Oscar.

Film is based on 1930, primarily on the Hindu priciple at that time. The main cast consist of John Abraham , Lisa Re & Seema Biswaas.

Deepa Mehta adds that she had to suffer a lot while making this film, Bajarang Dal was the one among few who created lots of hurdles, later on she shooted movie in Sri Lanka. But now she says, that it does not matter anymore. I am happy now.

Its good that some Indian Movie is nominated in Oscar but on the other hand, its no more Indian Movie, its Canadian movie. I dont' think that Indians should feel so much excited about it, already their entry has been rejectected (Rang De Basanti).

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Deepa Mehta's water is now in last 5 in the race of Oscar

Yes..even if it wins, its the honour for Canada !! Irony movies like Black are left, and Paheli or Rang de Basant are being sent for the Oscar....!!

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

well ... She sud have been allowed to meke the film in india itself.
    Funny Indian's. we must learn somthing from this movie. and the fact that it is a sucess and can for Oscar.
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Talat
    Yes..even if it wins, its the honour for Canada !! Irony movies like Black are left, and Paheli or Rang de Basant are being sent for the Oscar....!!
    No movie can take the place of Rang de basabti ... the movie has a zeal in it. very desi ... very real ... very young ... very you and me.

on the other hand ... Black is based on fiction and the idea has been drived from Helen Keller. who was not Indian.

Ricky

Taken idea from the Helen Keller but there are many other movies who are based on novels and other writings. Its that how effectively its been picturised.

On the other hand , Rang de Basanti is good but it doesn't represent every Indian

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Rang de basanti is no doubt a very good movie, and one of my favourites...but sending films for Oscar need some different issues. Rang De Basanti raises political issues, but that may not interest the foreign judges, whereas Water highlights social issue while Black is based on humanitarian grounds, which are quite impressive!

7. Advert.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Taken idea from the Helen Keller but there are many other movies who are based on novels and other writings. Its that how effectively its been picturised.

On the other hand , Rang de Basanti is good but it doesn't represent every Indian
    Black also does not represent any indian... ;D Rang de basanti represents a wise range of indian youngsters and i'v known people of such character.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Talat
    Rang de basanti is no doubt a very good movie, and one of my favourites...but sending films for Oscar need some different issues. Rang De Basanti raises political issues, but that may not interest the foreign judges, whereas Water highlights social issue while Black is based on humanitarian grounds, which are quite impressive!
    wow Kya baat kahi hai ... ;D

Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by NRI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky

Black also does not represent any indian... ;D Rang de basanti represents a wise range of indian youngsters and i'v known people of such character.
    Well, I already guessed from your talks that you have been with such mind people and believe it that I too have seen such type of people. But surely they do not represent every Indian.

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

But they represent many Indian ... !! and They represent Indians ... that is enuff to say that the movie has real Indian character.

janvikapoor2009
    janvikapoor2009 is offline eTI Member

Yes Deepa Mehta represent the real truth............ the story line of the movie based on social issues.
    htp://www.interestingmails.com

+ Post a Comment HERE!