View Poll Results: Do you think its apt to give Indo - US nuclear deal -a new lease of life?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
  • can't say

0 0%
+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Indo - US nuclear deal -a new lease of life?

Advert.

talkpreet
    talkpreet is offline Newbie

Indo - US nuclear deal -a new lease of life?

Advert.
    Indo US nuclear deal was bogged down under various circumstances but again it has got a new lease of life in the present scenario of political event of US. Do you think its worth it or still got the importance? And should it have been done earlier without any objection?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Indo - US nuclear deal -a new lease of life?

Here is the news I read about same :
    India must complete by July all steps needed to conclude a nuclear technology deal with Washington to ensure the US Congress approves it before the presidential polls, three US senators said.

The India-US civilian nuclear energy deal has been held up due to stiff opposition from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's Communist allies who prop up the minority Congress-led government.

"Time is of the essence," said Joseph Biden, one of three Democratic senators who were on a one-day visit to New Delhi after monitoring Pakistan's parliamentary elections earlier this week.

The pact still needs approval from the International Atomic Energy Agency to place India's civilian nuclear reactors under UN safeguards as well as from the 45-nation Nuclear Suppliers Group, which regulates global civilian nuclear trade.

The agreement, which would give New Delhi crucial access to civilian atomic technology, requires final approval by the US Congress where it currently enjoys bipartisan support.

But Washington officials say the deal is running out of time with a tight 2008 legislative calendar ahead of November's US presidential elections.

"If we don't have the deal back with us clearly prior to the month of July it will be very difficult to ratify the deal -- not on the merits (of the deal) but on the mechanics on which our system functions," Biden told a news conference.
    So it is quite clear that India will try to hurry if they want nuclear deal to be finalized also if India fails to present or agree deal guidelines before JULY then it will be hard time for Indo-US deal and shall need renegotiations .

+ Post a Comment HERE!