+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Problem With Yahoo Mail Server

Advert.

sathi
    sathi is offline eTI Member

Problem With Yahoo Mail Server

Advert.
    There seems some problem with yahoo mail server.

From last week, My mail home page is showing Inbox(9) messages. But When I go to my Inbox, there are no unread messages. I had searched all my folders several times.. and Even if I click on View Unread Messages it gives a message as "There are no unread messages in your Inbox".

Yesterday, I sent a mail to Yahoo Customer Care also.. but they referred me to Online Help only.. which does not give any satisfactory answer to my query...

Well... from Yahoo Answers, I got to know the following...

"Yahoo has been having major server issues since at LEAST Jan. 10, seemingly just with particular servers. And what's happening to you (including the "phantom" e-mails) is unfortunately one of the many problems that people are having because of them, and Yahoo doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry to solve them. And the problems are not just w/Yahoo Beta or IE7; I and others not using either are having similar problems. But both do have more problems; if you're using Beta, it's still in the testing stage and has a lot of problems, so go back to original Yahoo mail, and the same w/IE7, go back to IE6 until MS irons out all the problems.
    I've had to use another acct.provided free by my ISP to send/rcv important e-mails since Jan. 10, and it's been working just fine the whole time. If you don't have another acct.w/another provider besides Yahoo, I'd strongly advise to get one; it makes a good backup in case of problems like this.

They've also sent another e-mail that they've escalated the problem (or should I say problems!) to their engineering department, which is an indication of major problems, and not just a minor S/W "glitch." And again, these problems are not exclusive to Yahoo's Beta, but it does seem to compound the existing problems. This would indicate to me that there are also compatibility issues btwn. the H/W and S/W, besides the server problems.
    So it's not anything you're doing, your computer, or your internet connection, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And BTW, deleting temp files (which your computer automatically does anyway every time you shut down your computer), cookies, or history will absolutely NOT fix the problem, nor will running disk cleanup or defrag."

Is there anyone else facing this Problem like Me?

[img width=375 height=115]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/480/480800zsl927r1px.jpg[/img]

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Problem With Yahoo Mail Server

I am not facing any such problem and I am using Yahoo regularly but may be because I am not using Yahoo BETA.. rather I prefer to use Yahoo "Classic" , did you try in yahoo classic mode ?

sathi
    sathi is offline eTI Member

Yeah... I use Classic version only...
    and indeed, not every yahoo user is facing this problem..
    But, I am one of many unlucky yahoo users, I guess...
    [img width=375 height=115]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/480/480800zsl927r1px.jpg[/img]

morrighu
    morrighu is offline Just in!

I work for a university and I'd suggest that you find a new email account IMMEDIATELY. Here's the skinny people. If you have a Yahoo mail account, forward it somewhere else. Get a free gmail account or what ever else is out there. Anywhere that will actually let your get your email. After all, that is the purpose of having an email account. They've decided that since they're Yahoo that they'll be blocking anyone who sends them too many email bounces or what ever else they please. What does this mean to you, you ask....

In short, anyone that Yahoo suddenly stops liking - in my case that would like be your COLLEGE - can suddenly no longer send you email. And Yahoo doesn't tell you that you're not getting. The person sending the email doesn't get told that you're not getting. It just magically never arrives in your inbox because Yahoo's mail system "eats" it.

We're not an open relay. I ran the test at abuse.net and we passed. I've checked all of the RBL's and we're not listed. We're an educational institution. We don't spam anyone. I'd taser anyone here that I caught spamming through our mail server. Now, for whatever reason Yahoo has cooked up, we can't send email to anyone with a yahoo.com email. We get a rejection message. The error below is straight out of our server logs. It's from *my* work email address to *my* yahoo mail address. The subject was "test" and the body of the email said "test to see I can get this"

Mar 27 14:50:29 mailhost postfix/qmgr[27984]: 497B11A21FE: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=5.3, delays=5.2/0.03/0/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host g.mx.mail.yahoo.com[206.190.53.191] refused to talk to me: 553 Mail from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX not allowed - [10])

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

hey you must check all your mails it must be lying somewhere deep in your inbox.
    kamal

erksar
    erksar is offline Newbie

For me there was a phishing problem in my earlier Yahoo ID. Yahoo took long time to rectify and restore. Till this time they are not able to restore. They finally advised me to go in for a new ID, which, I already created. But, for the same phishing problem Gmail was able to do within 24 hours. I regained the old ID also in Gmail. Definitely Yahoo has to look within more to improve services

7. Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

You went into problem twice ? Both with Gmail as well Yahoo ? i.e problem of phishing.

Well.. thats alarming, you should tighten your network security as well as your browsing behaviour.

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

I have no problem with Yahoo mail.

+ Post a Comment HERE!