+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

In next 3 years internet may die! Is it possible.Read on effect of rich contents

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

In next 3 years internet may die! Is it possible.Read on effect of rich contents

Advert.
    Being efficient is the key to success.

This key is applicable every where, be it your life, be it your business, be it administration, be it computers, be it Internet.
    Every now and then I am seeing chaos about internet getting over subscribed, user base increasing and chances of being out of resources on internet.

Before talking bout all this "INTERNET WOES", lets have little idea what internet really is? As we all know, its simply a network of computers connected to each other on global scale. One can set his own private internet if he can expand it all over the world and allow people to use it, can be a parallel internet. So in your office if you can transfer all those media files at rate of 100 mbps or 1 Giga bits per second then its because your office network is small and connecting computer there is easy and fast. But when we talk about whole and internet then there are several restrictions including but not limited to .. resources, geographical hurdles etc. so its harder to have that must faster link for long distances at cheap rates. To deal with such problems, internet came up with lots of technology, one such was use of HTTP which is efficient way of transferring more data with lesser resources, but with the evolution of internet, newer technologies which went far beyond of simple HTML to full featured media content including VOIP, Streaming videos & audio as well as online games etc.

So where the problem is ?

Internet ie. the NETWORK is expanding but its userbase, its content is expanding with far more pace than the internet itself. Usage of rich content which ofcourse looks good, is now a industry standard to show present in most appealing way online. It is said that if internet usage / userbase keep growing at this rate then by 2011, we will ran out of resources and eventually end of internet? Reading in article, it was stated that one of the social networking site last year used as much bandwidth which was used by whole internet in year 2000.

End of Internet by 2011 ?

So if we will get out of resources by 2011 then will it be end of internet ? Some might ask if demand is growing, so is the network . Then where is the problem? Well, stats is saying that difference between demand and supply will get so widen that it will clog internet.
    Actually, internet will not die rather it will get slow, sluggish. Remember old days of dialup, first of all it was dialup and secondly most of the time the ISP at that time were used to be out of resources. So, you may face similar situation. Delay in response and slow downloads. But No END of Internet. Not to forget that there are many secret plans going out by big organization to tap up the opportunities of internet, as I said, one can have parallel internet so does they know it. I am not mentioning any here as I do not have evidence right now but its true to a great extent.

What for common users !

Nothing !!
    Yes nothing to worry about, we only have to enjoy the stuff as we do. Its headache of those big business first to think about Efficiency of internet in order to do their business. Lastly, if my internet get clogged (which is not going to be) then I will start my own internet. Its easy, atleast I can cover a city easily, may be then a franchise in other city.

I hope you enjoyed reading it, if you do then please comment.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: In next 3 years internet may die! Is it possible.Read on effect of rich contents

Ya like this article but i wonder if this is the situation then How can companies like airtel provide speed like 8 mbps.
    kamal

Ricky

Re: In next 3 years internet may die! Is it possible.Read on effect of rich contents

They can easily provide, I guess this is not going to problem in India atleast because in India they are making us fool, when they say that they are providing 8 mbps speed, then actually they are only providing 4 GB or so monthly data transfer so... its actually very costly internet and I doubt if same pattern is being followed, India will ever face problem of clogging.
    Another example, I guess you are using Bsnl 500 plan, it is 2.5 GB monthly transfer and night unlimited, so in during day, people are using it precisely and not wasting bandwidth.. ultimately low internet usage.

sathi
    sathi is offline eTI Member

Re: In next 3 years internet may die! Is it possible.Read on effect of rich cont

Nice Read...
    I was really afraid from the title...

and Ricky, If ever you start your own Internet someday... Please don't forget to provide it to me also... 8) It has really become a necessity for me.. :-X
    [img width=375 height=115]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/480/480800zsl927r1px.jpg[/img]

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Stop worrying people
    IPv6 is already here, and it is backwards compatiable with Ipv4 (current internet)...So no probs.

Internet is a newtwok of networks, so by using Leech and Seeder Architecture (torrent type) internet only get STRONGER as more and more people get online. It makes your PC like a small server and uses Unused bandwidth to Speed up the Internet!!

If anyone used Torrent to download stuff knows that!

The big problem here is these Thief Companies Milking customers by very low GB Limited accounts.

only If more and more people have unlimited acoounts and SEED while they download, the internet will get INDEFINATELY FASTER.

Ricky

IPv6 solves the problem of shortage of ips but not the bandwidth problem. Its true that big companies are already facing problem because of internet bandwidth limitation.

Even Google is still trying to figure out how to use Youtube efficiently since they bought it. For google, Youtube is turning out to be very costly affair due to bandwidth usage and there are still no proper way for Google to generate handsome revenue from YouTube traffic.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!