+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Volkswagen Polo v/s Fiat Punto (purchase guide)

Advert.

Taushik
    Taushik is offline Newbie

Volkswagen Polo v/s Fiat Punto (purchase guide)

Advert.
    Hi everyone !!!

I am planning to purchase a four wheeler. I have a budget of about 7 lakhs rupees. This vehicle would be used by my wife to travel to his office everyday. hence i am planning to purchase a vehicle that is easy to ride as well as to maintain.

I Am confused whether to go for Volkswagen Polo or Fiat Punto, Both these come in same price segment and have kind of same engineering as well.

If someone of you could throw some light on which vehicle should i prefer between these two and what would be the mileage of these cars in city streets.

I am also open to any other suggestion.

vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233 is offline eTI Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Taushik View Post
    Hi everyone !!!

I am planning to purchase a four wheeler. I have a budget of about 7 lakhs rupees. This vehicle would be used by my wife to travel to his office everyday. hence i am planning to purchase a vehicle that is easy to ride as well as to maintain....
    I am also open to any other suggestion.
    Hi Taushik
    See I had gone to close comparison of both the cars and reached to the conclusion that both the cars are very close feature but Volkswagen Polo will be best here as this car has more power and torque.
    But I will suggest you for two cars which will be far better then both the cars one is Skoda Rapid and Nissan Sunny both have amazing look, feature and give you the luxury ride.

Priya Jain
    Priya Jain is offline eTI Member
    Hi Taushik......

I will suggest you to go for Volkswagen Polo, I too own it it's a amazing car and as far as mileage is concerned it gives a decent performance.....

Taushik
    Hi everyone!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestion!!! I will definitely keep that in mind...

Taushik
    Hi vikaskumar11233

Thank you vikas ji for your suggestion.....
    Can you give more details about Skodia Rapid and Nissan Sunny...As far their performance is concerned

Ashish Sehgal
    Ashish Sehgal is offline Just in!
    Hi Taushik.
    For these two as the only options,i would recommend to go for VW Polo.It has got better engineering and better drive quality,low maintenance as compared to Punto. As you have told it would be used by your wife for daily use, but you haven't mentioned whether you'll get a petrol hatchback or a diesel? If you want to go for a diesel plant,then Polo will be the best choice. If you want to buy a petrol car,then you can also look around for Honda Brio, a very decent car,i-vtec technology making it very smooth on drive.For economical terms, it has really appreciable fuel efficiency. Avoid getting a bigger car. It creates problems in city drive for ladies.

7. Advert.

johnshinha
    johnshinha is offline eTI Member
    Hi,

The Fiat Grande Punto is a possibly the best looking car in the Fiat line up. It fine lines have been penned with typical European flair and the end result is a car that has striking good looks, well proportioned and set to take on the large hatches in the country.

Taushik
    Hi Ashish Seghal !!!!

Thanx for the valuable suggestion.... i m certainly looking for a diesel car as that will more economical than going with petrol cars.
    Ya, as far as getting big cars thats a big NO NO... specially in Delhi where parking is a headache.

vikaskumar11233
    Quote Originally Posted by Taushik View Post
    Hi vikaskumar11233

Thank you vikas ji for your suggestion.....
    Can you give more details about Skodia Rapid and Nissan Sunny...As far their performance is concerned
    Hi Taushik
    Ya sure I can share their details with you as both the cars are awesome in looking and feature and price range is also amazing, well if you ask about the performance then I want to share one very interesting thing with you that Nissan Sunny had registered great sell of 1131units just in November only and Sunny got 3130 booking by the end of November.
    See I think it would not be right place to discuses it in detail you can catch up in thread of Sunny or Rapid.

johnshinha
    johnshinha is offline eTI Member
    Hi,

The new Fiat Punto 2012 is indeed a product of intense passion. This hatchback takes great pleasure in springing pleasant surprises on you, like the My Car feature which lets you customise your car's settings, Blue&MeTM or automatic climate control. What's more, with oodles of space on the inside there is no compromising on your comfort either.

sanjeev449
    sanjeev449 is offline eTI Member
    Hi

The Polo, one of the most anticipated cars in India until its recent launch, boasts of a very refined and evolved exterior design. It’s got bold, muscular lines, which make it look imposing even with its diminutive B-segment dimensions. The flared wheel arches, the angular headlights, the perfectly balanced proportions – the Polo looks just right no matter whichever angle you look at it from. The beauty of its form is that it breaks convention in the most unconventional manner. It’s bold without losing out on subtlety. It’s aggressive without being offensive. As a new car, the Polo impresses with its exteriors, it’s the epitome of European excellence in designing day-to-day cars with flair.

Punto comes with the options of three engines – 1.2 and 1.4 petrols and a 1.3 turbo diesel. Comparing apples with apples, the 1.2 litre petrol mill of the Punto is the least powerful of the lot on paper, but makes up for its low power output with a reasonably good low and mid-range. There isn’t anything much left once you go above the 120km/h mark, making the 1.2 petrol Punto strictly a city car.

Noidaguy
    Noidaguy is offline Newbie
    Hi Taushik!!!!

Buddy your post is quite old and assuming that you have not purchased a car... my advice will be that y don't you go ford fiesta... Just have a look at the car and specification and tell me about your opinion about it

vikaskumar11233
    Hi sanjeev449
    Nice information you shared here thanks for it and its true that Polo has come up with some new features in it but see what I personally fell that VW every car has almost same look form the the front and in small car section competition is very tough, so it will be heard for polo again.

+ Post a Comment HERE!