+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How to Deal with Painful Experiences

Advert.

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium

Thumbs up How to Deal with Painful Experiences

Advert.
    If you are a human being of considerable age, you have gone through some painful experience or another. But it is how you deal with these experiences that determines whether you are able to move on and lead a full and happy life, or you stay depressed and live your life in the happier past, or even painful past.
    Painful experiences can include anything and everything that can cause you pain as a person. Anything from loss of a loved one to the betrayal by a loved one and everything between is included. We will discuss the most basic steps that will help you get over this pain and be able to move on with your life.

• Denial is bad and should not be encouraged. If something caused you pain, then it is only fitting that you acknowledge feeling the pain. We do not mean you should publicize it as some people are private; we just mean you should admit it to yourself that something is wrong and therefore requires address. Anything less and you are festering poison inside of you.

• Let go and try to forgive. The forgiving part is a little difficult for most people and if it comes, it will be in the long run, but the letting go has to happen soon. This is the key to moving on, as long as you hold onto the past, it will hurt you like it is in the present and you will not be able to move forward.

• Focus your energies on you and not what has caused you pain. Easier said than done, especially when the pain is fresh but one has to try. Focus your energy on useful and productive activities that occupy your mind, and do not leave you time to be idle, because if your mind is empty then those dangerous thoughts will invade it. This is the time to rediscover hobbies, forgotten talents, and maybe take some time off for a vacation.

• It is important that you get rid of the negative elements in your life, especially in the case of betrayal where someone you loved hurts you. Keeping this person around will usually turn into a constant reminder of what they did and until you are fully healed, it is best to limit contact with them. This may seem severe and vengeful but it is the only way to maintain your sanity.

• As you get rid of the negative, surround yourself with positive things and people who love you, especially for those going through loss of a loved one. This can be a tough time and you need all the love you can find, if just to show that there are people out there who have not abandoned you and still love you.

• And finally, try if you can to learn from the experience especially in situations which you could have control over. While some painful experiences we have no say whatsoever in how they happen to us, in others we may have facilitated the cause and therefore can learn what not to do again next time.

As you go through a painful experience it is important to remember that nothing is permanent and that all things change, therefore do not despair, this too will pass. Life is full of ups and downs and our duty as human beings is to live through it, survive and come out at the other end triumphant. Right now it may be hard but without pain we can have no appreciation for joy, so at least you are sure that the next time happiness comes around, you will be able to enjoy it fully.

Ravinder Oberoi
    Ravinder Oberoi is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hi pulkit!!

Buddy i think it's easier said than done!!!!! It's very easy to say such things but in reality it's very hard to forget such experiences......

Priya Jain
    Priya Jain is offline eTI Member
    Hi everyone

I agree with Ravinder that such bad experience are really hard to forget, but one has to try to get out of this as early as possible....I feel you should concentrate on more beautiful things in the world and try to love those who really love you

Pulkit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravinder Oberoi View Post
    Hi pulkit!!

Buddy i think it's easier said than done!!!!! It's very easy to say such things but in reality it's very hard to forget such experiences......

Sir, I believe life is exactly what you make it. I agree things are difficult but whats the point in carrying out this pain and think for something/someone which is not with you or doesn't bother at all....!!!
    Move on sir, trust me life is really very short. Its better the more you make it yours, not others. Certainly, your life is not bound to someone or something. Forget and forgive.... its time to move on...!!! :-)

Pulkit
    Quote Originally Posted by Priya Jain View Post
    Hi everyone

I agree with Ravinder that such bad experience are really hard to forget, but one has to try to get out of this as early as possible....I feel you should concentrate on more beautiful things in the world and try to love those who really love you

Thank You............................................... ............................. ma'am.........!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

Ravinder Oberoi
    Ravinder Oberoi is offline eTI Aluminium
    Ya i will definitely try to do so, Anyways thanks for the suggestion

7. Advert.

phpdevloper
    phpdevloper is offline eTI Member
    HI EveryOne..!
    With my point of view its is very easy to say but difficult to apply
    bcz "Only the bearer know where the shoe pinches"

Pulkit
    Quote Originally Posted by phpdevloper View Post
    HI EveryOne..!
    With my point of view its is very easy to say but difficult to apply
    bcz "Only the bearer know where the shoe pinches"
    Yes phpdeveloper...... saying has always been an easy thing....!!!! :-)
    But truly........... TRYING is also not difficult....!!!! Atleast you can try to do all these things..... rest they will work out automatically.....!!!

In a language of a computer programmer , like you, its just compiling your program after removing the exceptions from it...by running an exception handling mechanism!!!! You actually know the cause of the error/exception.... just by removing it through some exception handling mechanism..you make your program run...!!!

Similarly, your problem is an exception.... which has crashed your life ( computer program )... and all these things I wrote above are some kind of exception handling/removing mechanisms......!!!! So, if you atleast try to follow them... I am sure your life will be back on track....!!!

So, now am I able to make you understand, "phpdeveloper" ??? :-) :-)

+ Post a Comment HERE!