+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Sloppy Shoddy - Indian way of doing things

Advert.

Pluto
    Pluto is offline eTI Iron

Sloppy Shoddy - Indian way of doing things

Advert.
    [size=10pt]There is an acute shortage of Air Cargo space in Chennai and other airports.

Exporters cannot get space for their cargo and their orders are canceled.

The problem is due to the AIR INDIA and CIVIL AVIATION officials not willing to allow more flights to clear the cargo. Every damn thing needs cabinet approval.

Also they want to protect the inefficient AIR INDIA which does not have enough planes anyway to carry the cargo. ( That is another story of inefficiency,incompetence and waste ).

The only solution is allow foreign airlines to bring in their cargo planes and clear the ever mounting cargo that is building up in the airports. But that is something the Indian netas and babus just don't care about. In the meantime, middlemen block the available cargo places and demand money from the exporters.

The final result: Exporters have to pay RS 2000 extra per pallet to middle men, to have their cargo loaded. If not, their perishable goods will be destrpyed, customers overseas complain and give India exporters a bad name.

INCREDIBLE INIDA ??????
    [/size]

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

Re: Sloppy Shoddy - Indian way of doing things

I can understand his pain.

I have started my work in International Trade, Contract Management, some time during 1967 - with Control regime to cover everything in the earth (few Cement, Steel, imports exports, etc.,) I have to handle certain imports of goods falls under the category of dual use - meant for peaceful applications.

Now situations has changed drastically, but Aiur/Sea transportation requires lot of improvement if the Industries have to survive - if Government is not reacting our country's economy will suffer in the competitive world and under Globalisation.

let us hope things will improve soon.

+ Post a Comment HERE!