+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Graphene-The Super material-Key to nano technological advancement

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Graphene-The Super material-Key to nano technological advancement

Advert.
    I came across this few days back. Its actually about creating world's smallest transistor which is just a little bigger than a molecule. The scientist who developed this molecule size transistor says that it can be great help in development of super fast computer.

So how it becomes possible. Well, because of a material called Graphene. As reported in Science Journal, a team at the University of Manchester has produced the transistor which is one atom think and 10 atoms wide, marking the first true electronic nanocomponent.

So what is Graphene? It is actually single layer of graphite we see in daily life, eg. a pencil. Graphene was discovered 4 years ago and it is the first known one atm think material. Also, graphene remains highly stable and conductive even when it is cut into devices one nanometer wide (one nanometer (nm) is one billionth, or 10-9 of a meter).

Researches are on upon the graphene to use it for various other purpose like display products.

I am waiting graphene to affect my life. Though to get this thing into common men's life, it will take around 5-10 years.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: Graphene-The Super material-Key to nano technological advancement

Wow that was great stuff.
    as i am electronics student i know what is the importance of small transistors and this material called GRAPHENE.
    from where do you get all this stuff knowledge?
    kamal

+ Post a Comment HERE!