Costume
Aki Narula

Media Relations
Monika Bhattacharya

Publicity Designs
Fayyaz Badruddin

Story / Writer
Vijay Krishna Acharya

Tashan, movie which was so much talk about before release. Many many things to talk about it, be it its name. They thought they can set some trend. Remember Gandhigiri from Munnabhai ? Everyone knows it now but I don't think Tashan can symbolize same. Though in generic way .. Tashan can be called as "passion" or may be "style". Anyways, lets move on from its name to something more important, however, even multiplexes said no to run movie as there were conflict between multiplexes and Yashraj films about revenue sharing. I do not know if this has been sorted out or not.
So there were noticeable curiosity about movie because of Karina and Saif Chemistry, because Kareena's new zero sized look, because of Mr. superhit Akshay Kumar who is just giving hit over hit and because of Anil Kapoor, senior yet fresh actor to our movie industry.

But what we get, news are that Tashan does not get a decent opening, however those who saw it felt (I am also among them) like cheated.From producer like Yash Raj Film's who just added another dead director Vijaya Krishna Acharya in their camp, this type of poor compilation was not expected.

As the movie was publicized, I thought I am going to see a action packed film with lots of style and may be powerful enough to set some trends in fashion world too but Alas ! It turned to be a childish comedy with irrational action sequences.

So what is movie all about ? Well, Bhaiyaji aka Lakhan Singh is a wannabe gangster with lots of power and can do anything. But Mr. gangster loves english and every now and then he speaks his Hinglish but that too unavoidable. Then same bollywood story, Pooja Singh (Kareena) and Jimmy (Saif) manages to steal money of the Bhaiyaji and now Bhaiyaji ask Bachchan Pandey to recover his money from both of them. Meanwhile Pooja ditches Jimmy and took all money alone.
In the twist to recover money we have silly sequences and stupid songs everywhere and somehow you manages to see the end. Phew !

Vijaya Acharya, I don't understand what was with him while he worked on the movie. Everything is so much disturbed that you ended up headache. Again, stunts are really to make fool ? Do you think that Indians do not deserve quality ? Its when that every latest Hollywood movie is so easily available to Indians they why bollywood do not understand to get something good and professional. Camera angles are irritating at times, you can't understand what and where you are ? You just can't associate things properly then how you can enjoy the movie?

Songs, apart of Dil Haara, all are average and lyrics is so average. Anil Kapoor look likes copying Javed Jaffrey but that does not look good on such a senior actor, but whom to blame if script and direction are lousy ? Kareena, seems so much impressed by Aishwariya's Dhoom 2 avatar that she even happens to copy some dance steps of Aishwariya. Saif Ali Khan, being a matured actor, there is something missing. However, only Akshay kumar is a relief. It is only after Akshay's invasion that you feel like watching movie with little interest. Overall, for me it was not really a timepass.
So if you are thinking to watch a movie then better think twice before going for Tashan
I rate it 2 out of 5 ..

If you liked review then consider subscribing to our email updates and don't forget to post your views and reviews too!