Advert.

Pluto
    Pluto is offline eTI Iron

NRI, Indian Success - Nothing to do with Indian Planners ,Bureacracy, Netas

Advert.
    [size=10pt]

When one goes to some functions where Indian diplomats are around,
    one hear the usual bragging..about NRI success stories and indirectly
    hinting it is all due to the foresight and potential of Indian netas and babus.

I can say with absolute frankness, that these are plain lies. If India
    today succeeded abroad, it is due to Indians in the private sector working
    hard in their host nations and making a name for themselves.

If India's IT sector is a success story, it had nothing to do with the
    stagnant irrelevant Planning Commission, which for over 50 years
    have sat on their butts drawing theories and policies assuring the
    fabled Hindu rate of growth : 3 % per annum.

These planners did nothing to nurture the IT sector in India. In fact they
    never even saw the potential. In fact they were not even awake to see the
    potential. Even today, they like to go around blaming all their failures not
    on their incompetence but on 'democracy'.

Let credit be given where it is due.
    To the hard working Indian NRI and others like him.

Let discredit be given where it is due.
    To the Planning Commission, to the IAS, IFS babus and the fossil netas
    who ran the country and made it what it is. Ran it down to the ground.

In the words of late IS Johar, the famous comedian of Indian movies.
    " INDIA - a first class nation made second class by third class leaders"
    [/size]

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

Re: NRI, Indian Success - Nothing to do with Indian Planners ,Bureacracy, Netas

kindly go through the history of automic energy, space programme etc., during Nehru's and Indra Gandhi's time - Homi Baba and Vikram Sarbhai brought lost of indian scitists from abroad and in many field they are in an enviable position. Take the cue from Food Minister Subramaniam and Dr. Swaminathan, Kurian, etc., they brought Green and white resolution.

yes there are lot of things have to be done - still we cannot blame planning commission - there is weak administration - lack of clean and transparancy in administration -
    just we need to have little whitewash - not destruction of whole structure.

Pluto

Homi Bhabba brought in some scientists to work in India. But they soon calcified into
    hard rocks because the system make sure things are that way.

Yesterday's news paper report says that one scientist leaves DRDO every 2 days.
    Mostly young talented guys.

What does that tell you ?

BTW-Did you check your yahoo email.?

psnswaminathan

planning is something and Administration (weak non-transparent) administration is different.

you can see todays's news ISRO launched 10 satellites in one PSL Rocket.

I have first hand inform,ation, as far as ISRO is concerened they litterraly work for 24 hours a day and their working days are 24x7 - like this there are lot other departments also.

I agree in some organisation, attrition rate is high - even in the highly paid IT field attrition is much higher than Government Department (including DRDO. In IT industries the attrition rate is between 15 to 25%, even eviable IBFOSYS, TCS, Satyam suffer because of higher attrition rate.

Attrition (lack of participation in the growth Industry/Nation of greedy people) is different - Government planning is different.

psnswaminathan

continuation of my earlier response

our Government planning is par exceelance on par with many advanced countries - but the sad part of it there is surely some short fall in implementation.

Pluto

There are some islands of 'good performance' depts like ISRO.

Even here, I wonder how they are benchmarked when no data is available
    on their productivity, budget spent and yield on investments poured into
    the organization since last three decades. How much money is wasted, nobody
    knows.

Look at the LCA project and the MBT project.
    Light Combat Aircraft, Main Battle Tank.

Thousands of crores poured into these projects, which have been scrapped
    after 10 to 15 years of bragging and wasting tax payer money.

I can point out to you several more such projects and non-starters.

7. Advert.

psnswaminathan

to some extent I have to agree with the reply.

but all are not that bad.

main probelm is lack of self- dicipline.

I agree with you, that Government just releases grants without seeing viability of the project and there is no review thereafter to see the project .

Like "LCA project and the MBT project - Light Combat Aircraft, Main Battle Tank" I agree there are many projects in the Contry which never took off.

I have worked in National Institute of Ocean Technology - they have spent several hundred crores of rupees on Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) for over 15 years promising cheap power - they have not produced even single watt of power - now they have renamed the project as LTTD - to produce cheap dring water from deep see - In one news paper I read that about 10 million of water produced will be packed in a bag and towed to the shores by boat (since density of pure water is less thanthat of sea water - the desalinated water will stay afloat and it is easy to tow the bags to the shore. The Press release further state that the Plant will be located about 20 to 30 KM away from shore and and the platform in the sea will be just like the Bombay High Oil Platform - for which about Rs.300.00 crores will be spent from Government Grants.

for extracting costly Crude Oil/Gas Nation can afford to construct Platform in the mid sea with heavy investment - can anyone afford to spent so much for Water - where there is successfully demonstrated RO plant is availble and BARC have many other alternative Desalination Plant - which not only produce Water but also give many environmental advantages. One can vist BARC web site to get more informations on Desalinated water. it will be interesting.

still there are takers for unviable LTTD project -- Government supports with grants. the technology may be suitable for tiny island where there will be no electricity and land scarcity.

It is similar to sanctioning Deep sea Oil extration projects in OPEC countries just because technology is available.

While sanctioning for new projects (LTTD), Government never asks what happend to the existing plants (OTEC) where hundreds of crores of rupees have been spent on the same technology.

CONCLUSION:

I agree that there are considereable failure and ongoing projects just got burried under the Carpet -
    STILL Government cannot stop planning and cannot stop investment in new R&D efforts.

Government should involve private bodies on BOT basis for encouraging R&D efforts - at no point government should stocp funding for R&D efforts

+ Post a Comment HERE!