Shilpa: "We're all human, all fallible"
Day 26, 22:09 UTC - by Daniel Saney, Deputy Editor

Shilpa has reflected positively on her time in the house and said that there are no hard feelings.

What was it like waiting in there on your own?

I was in shock. I was in shock. Chicken curry rules (to the crowd)

Shilpa you've been on such a journey in that house. What's it been like for you?

Oh, tell me about it. I don't want to sound cliche but it's truly been quite a rollercoaster. The highs the lows... [it] taught me so, so much.

From where you've come from and the kind of lifestyle you lead, being thrown into that house must have been a shock. What was the biggest shock for you, domestically?

Oh, to cook!

I can see! On a more serious note, it was one of your downs that caused a complete furore here on the outside. It's been an international incident - have you got any idea what that could be?

Really? I have no idea what's been happening on the outside. We didn't even have a real lawn, we had plastic grass!

So you've got no idea what this enormous controversy could be about?

I have an inkling but I'd love to hear some news.

***newsreel***

That's quite heavy watching that back, because obviously you weren't privy to a lot of what was said. How are you feeling?

(Tearful) I just want to forget things. Things happen and people make mistakes. We're all human beings, we're all fallible. Jade didn't mean to be racist...If this created any sort of misunderstanding, I want to put things to rest - she is not a racist...I am so happy I took up this opportunity. I don't want people to think [they] welcomed an Indian and she made trouble here.

After that speech, I'm not sure if this is the right word, this magna... mangnamanity? Shilpa, you understand what I'm trying to say! After that, I think that is why you are sat there. You are a very forgiving and loving person. You've said it all in a nutshell. Let's move forward, past the argument, to happier times. How do you think you've changed?

Woah. My mother will be in for such a huge shock...She never never has not been around when I've achieved something, travelled. This is the first time in my life I've done something on my own and I've never won anything in my life. I was rejected as a model...before that I entered some stupid competition, Netru, Indru, Naalai, I lost even that!

Listen, quickfire questions for you. This is a very important one, yes. What would it take for Dirk to win you over?

Oh well, he'd have to be 38 years younger and start eating chicken and move to India...or England.

The young thing is an issue though, we can't ever make him younger. Can you sum up your experience in three words?

In three words. Incredible, overwhelming....chicken curry rules!

Shilpa, you have been though your ups and downs, you really have, but never knowingly without a knockout pair of earrings. Here's the story of your time in the house...

Oh my God!