+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Tips To Get A Healthy Heart And A Long Life!!!

Advert.

Dr. Food
    Dr. Food is offline eTI Member

Tips To Get A Healthy Heart And A Long Life!!!

Advert.
    Today's fast-paced life and workplace pressures escalate stress levels, taking a toll on one's heart. A strong heart is a result of healthy lifestyle choices. Be active and stress-free. Here are some tips that will give a healthy heart and a long life....

Avoid Smoking

Smoking reduces life expectancy by 15-25 years. If you are a smoker, you are twice more likely to have a heart attack than a non-smoker. The moment you stop smoking, the risk of heart attack begins to reduce.

Cut down on Salt
    Too much salt can cause high blood pressure, which increases the risk of developing coronary heart disease.

Watch Your Diet
    Try to have a balanced diet. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, starch foods such as wholegrain bread and rice.

Monitor your Alchol
    Too much alcohol can damage the heart muscle, increase blood pressure and also lead to weight gain. Avoid intake of alcohol or at least limit it to one to two units a day, gradually decreasing the consumption.

Get Active
    At least aim for 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day. Keeping yourself fit not only benefits the heart but also improves mental health and well-being.

Monitor your BP, blood sugar and cholesterol levels
    Routine medical check-ups will ring an alarm, if you need medical help.

Manage Your Waist
    Cholesterol deposition in blood vessels begins in the first decade of life. Carrying a lot of extra weight as fat can greatly affect your health. Make small but healthy changes in your diet.

Manage Your Stress Level
    If you find things are getting on top of you, you may fail to eat properly, smoke and drink too much. This may increase your risk of a heart attack. Practice yoga/meditation. Take a vacation.

Check Your Family History
    If a close relative is at risk of developing coronary heart disease from smoking, high BP, high cholesterol, lack of physical activity, obesity and diabetes, then you could be at risk too.

Laughter Is The Best Therapy
    Laughter anytime will work wonders for you. It is an instant way to unleash the pressure and it makes you feel light.

Mayank Gautam
    Mayank Gautam is offline Newbie
    Thanks for sharing. Those are really nice tips.

Specially about salt, I see lots of people eating too much salt, I hope they know that salt can cause heart related problems.

vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233 is offline eTI Iron
    Hey Dr. Food
    Great post and very helpful to us and the best and easy tip to be healthy is last one Laughter therapy, this therapy doesn't need money to invest, not so much time to spend.

Ravinder Oberoi
    Ravinder Oberoi is offline eTI Aluminium
    Nice sharing Sir...

@Vikas Kumar I agree that one should laugh a lot ...as it is Cheapest and easiest way to be healthy and stress free

Ravinder Oberoi
    Nice sharing Sir...

@Vikas Kumar I agree that one should laugh a lot ...as it is Cheapest and easiest way to be healthy and stress free

Amar Khanna
    Amar Khanna is offline Newbie
    Hi Everyone On This Discussion!!!!!!

Guys we can definitely do these things in order to lead a healthy life..because these things are under my control
    But what About Factors which are out of our hand like pollution, Degrading quality of food and Eatables
    we don't get the food that can keep us healthy for a long time

7. Advert.

vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233 is offline eTI Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravinder Oberoi View Post
    Nice sharing Sir...

One more important thing I want to share with you all that it had been noticed that those people who are happy or stressed free or keep laughing they live longer and their skin also glow.

Ravinder Oberoi
    One more important thing I want to share with you all that it had been noticed that those people who are happy or stressed free or keep laughing they live longer and their skin also glow.
    Yes definitely i agree with you on this... ..............

+ Post a Comment HERE!