Archana Vijaya, the winner of the first season of Get Gorgeous of Channel V, talks about her experience of the contest and the role that it played in her career. She tells us what she feels about the contest and life three and a half years after it.

As the fifth season of Get Gorgeous gets underway we chat up with Archana on what the show did for her and what are her tips to those wanting to be part of it.
A nostalgic Archana remembers how she transformed from an ordinary shy collegian to a glamorous model.

What are you doing currently?
I am a presenter for two of the shows on Neo Sports. The shows are Tour Diary and Cricket Tadka Maarke. Both the shows are based on cricket. Talks are on with another channel for a show but nothing has been confirmed.

How did Get Gorgeous happen to you?
I never went on to have portfolio pictures of mine. I had not even planned to do something like this. I was partying in Kolkata when the auditions happened and my friends coaxed me to give a try for the auditions. I was very shy. After Get Gorgeous I overcame the fear of the camera.

How was your experience on the contest?
It was a great experience. It was not that difficult either. I was decided as the winner on the second day itself. So I was relaxed for the rest of the days. We had to stay there for a week for other rounds. I got a lot exposure and recognition from the show. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

What did the show do for you?
I got a contract for one year with Elite modelling agency. That helped a lot. It gave me a huge launch. It was a stepping stone for me into the modelling and TV industry. Earlier, I was a just another college-going girl. After Get Gorgeous happened, I had a jetsetting career and life. So you can say that my life changed after Get Gorgeous.

So do you credit Get Gorgeous for whatever you are today?
I would say that Get Gorgeous just gave me an entry into the glamour world and fromthere whatever I did was on my own. I had to give an audition even for being a VJ. Some people don't know that. The work of shows like Get Gorgeous is to give girls a launch or a platform; it is the girl's lookout to decide where she takes her career from there. The show will not take care of your career all your life just because you won their competition.

What do you have to say to the girls wanting to be a part of Get Gorgeous?
I would suggest that they retain their individuality. Many girls who aspire to enter glamour world these days are clones of someone or the other. Individuality is rare. What girls these days should keep in mind is that it is easier to be your own self rather than cloning others. Being yourself is what sets you apart from the rest. Get Gorgeous is a huge platform and it can be very helpful for their careers