+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How to introduce my boyfriend to my parents ?

Advert.

Priya Jain
    Priya Jain is offline eTI Member

How to introduce my boyfriend to my parents ?

Advert.
    Hello Everyone !

I am in a relationship with a guy who is a placed in an IT company. We are in relationship from over 2 years and finally we decided to marry each other. But first of all I want to introduce to him to my parents so that he can make my parents agree for our marriage. Give me some suggestion to introduce him to my parents ?
    I shall be highly thankfull to you...

Thanx in advance

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hello Priya Jain,

Good that you have a relationship and now you are formally wishing to tie a knot and get into a matrimonial alliance. Great !!

Well there is actually no particular way out to do this but yes, its time that you should start giving hints to your parents about your engagement with a guy. Keep doing this and check if your parents inquire from you about this new guy in your life.

If you are in a deep relationship and are considering marriage then it is a wise idea to regularly give inputs about your developing and strong relationship so that from their side they expect a marriage in the future. When a couple breaks the news suddenly, that’s when parents get rattled. The best option is to break it gently, dropping hints over a period of time. Talk about how great your partner is with you over a period of time so when you finally tell them that you two want to get married they don’t take it badly.

If you are planning to organize a meeting, here is something to keep in mind :

1 Define your relationship. To you, that is.

2 Alert both parties. If your family has any quirks or touchy subjects, let your boyfriend know beforehand.

3 Set some rules. Tell your boyfriend how to act. Let him know whether to address your parents by their first names or sir and ma'am.

4 Announce yourselves. Your parents will probably want to tidy up the house and be a little prepared before you show up with the new love of your life.

5 Choose innocuous conversation. No politics. No religion. No sex.

6 Make things comfortable. Act as a friendly liaison between your possibly petrified boyfriend and your wary parents. Share family stories, introduce people, spark up conversation, tell your parents stories about you and your boyfriend, and let him chime in.

7 Thank both parties. If things go well, take some time to show your appreciation to each party

All The Best !!!!
    Take Care !!

asaam
    asaam is offline eTI Iron
    Wow, that is lots of facts there. I think there is not much left to say

sricky
    sricky is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Priya Jain View Post
    Hello Everyone !

I am in a relationship with a guy who is a placed in an IT company. We are in relationship from over 2 years and finally we decided to marry each other. But first of all I want to introduce to him to my parents so that he can make my parents agree for our marriage. Give me some suggestion to introduce him to my parents ?
    I shall be highly thankfull to you...
    Thanx in advance
    Its very simple. Go to your parents tell them that you really love someone and he also do that. You both have decided to marry and he will be with you at every difficult stage of your life. I think your parents will understand you.....

+ Post a Comment HERE!