+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to use pen drive as a RAM windows xp

Advert.

vinay_kumar
    vinay_kumar is offline Just in!

How to use pen drive as a RAM windows xp

Advert.
    i know how to pen drive as a RAM in Window Vista , but can it be possible with Window Xp, is there any way to use pendriv as a ram in Xp in any service pack
    plz reply in two days its urgent?

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: pen drive as a RAM

use an extra software RAM BOOSTER .
    i can mail it to you just send me your email adress in private message.
    kamal

digstheone
    digstheone is offline Just in!

Re: How to use pen drive as a RAM windows xp

[email protected]
    [email protected]

pls if u got this softwere hlep me out,...

kammy

i have sent you a mail at your yahoo address
    kamal

vikram_erra
    vikram_erra is offline Just in!

i don't know much more about this.through one fo my friend i knew use ram booster software.if you get more information about these please send the details to my e-mail id.

[email protected]

vikram,
    www.etalkindia.com

kammy

check ur mail vikram.

check ur spam also as there is a link in it.
    kamal

7. Advert.

frontier2002
    frontier2002 is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vinay_kumar
    i know how to pen drive as a RAM in Window Vista , but can it be possible with Window Xp, is there any way to use pendriv as a ram in Xp in any service pack
    plz reply in two days its urgent?
    Isn't this practice can damage your USB Pen Drive if you are using it too long to boost your RAM? Usually it got hot if use it too long and may damage your pen drive due to overheating

manasandhare
    manasandhare is offline Newbie

how to use pendrive as RAM in windows XP service pack 2??

sshakya
    sshakya is offline Just in!

There is such a useful tool called eBoostr. The eBoostr™ trial version has no time expiration and you can evaluate it for as long as you wish. However the product demo is fully functional only for 4 hours after each system boot.

if u wanna use more then 4 hours just restart your PC and again its working for next 4 hours.

Download " eBoostr"
    http://www.eboostr.com/files/eBoostr.exe

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Quote Originally Posted by frontier2002
    Isn't this practice can damage your USB Pen Drive if you are using it too long to boost your RAM? Usually it got hot if use it too long and may damage your pen drive due to overheating
    I think it is alright to use PenDrive as Memory Supplement. Pen drive has pretty good read/right lifespan hence don't worry about getting it damaged. However if Pen drive is of decent quality then should last real long. But using Pen drive as RAM won't affect you much. Better is to increase your RAM.

frontier2002

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    I think it is alright to use PenDrive as Memory Supplement. Pen drive has pretty good read/right lifespan hence don't worry about getting it damaged. However if Pen drive is of decent quality then should last real long. But using Pen drive as RAM won't affect you much. Better is to increase your RAM.
    But the heat tranfer from the laptop to the Pen Drive is very significant as you can touch it when using it for 1 or 2 hours. Anyhow this is very new knowledge to me and i will try it someday. it is worth to try ...thanks for such a unique knowledge as i dont want to waste money to buy 4 GB RAM with hundred of dollars when i can get 4GB only around USD 50

Ricky

But RAM is very fast as compared to Pendrive.

Also, I think your laptop's design is causing Pendrive to get heated, may be heat is flowing through USB socket. Tried another USB port or with extension cable ?

frontier2002

There is one guy that sound like an expert about the flash drive and memory RAM physical built. He says it is quite impossible to make Flash drive as RAM as it is not build with the same physical structure. Where Flash drive is more or less acting like a hard drive and RAM is temporarily holding data for processing.

So in my opinion he is quite true on that. If the flash drive can be a memory RAM why not just use the hard disk itself by spare some space for RAM. 8)

Read:
    http://ask-leo.com/can_i_use_a_usb_r...em_memory.html

Ricky

Basically when a Pen Drive is used as RAM then these software makes it tertiary storage for active data. More or less a swap drive, since USB 2.0 introduces theoretical speed of 480 mbps, its possible that flash drives can transfer data faster. But with the advent of SATA II, still hard drive are faster than USB 2.0 flash drives.

Only advantage I see on using Flash drive as RAM (technically a SWAP drive) that using it if you have lesser RAM then you can avoid extra seek up in HD.

In my view, technically, using flash drive is of no use, I tried it and found no improvement. Though I have plenty of RAM so even if was helpful, its not better than RAM at all.

To add more, HDs now come with large buffer, my recent HDD was with 32 MB buffer, which means it has kind of 32 MB extra RAM in it, again giving advantage to HDDs as compared to flash drives.

frontier2002

Ricky... ;D now you sound very logical thank you. I think i got enough explanation both from you and Ask leo website.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast