Love Story 2050 Review

Long movie, that is what people will feel after coming out of the theater. Harman baweja's debut to Indian Cinema. Prior to release the movie was seriously hyped. Love Story 2050, itself was enough to create curiosity among masses but do it really makes justification. Do it really made people to come to the cinema hall ? I guess, not really. Seeing the crowd itself reveals that people were not much excited about it. A big budget movie with promos showing sci-fi stuff all around seems to be another lousy attempt from Indian cinema in the field of sci-fi and futuristic movies.

Seriously, I had no expectation when I entered the theater. And after watching it, I was right. What I saw was something out of logic and as expected, ill treatment of special effects and there were hardly effects those were special. Ok, I am no movie director and neither a big time technician but come on ... I need to know what these people had in mind while they made this movie. Seriously disappointed with the execution of script and the presentation. Seems that the director went excited enough and took the subject which he hardly had proper knowledge of.

Before talking further, lets have glimpse how movie story goes. ..
Movie starts in current time and Karan (Harman Baweja) shows an stylish entry. He is son neglected son of a big businessman and have conflicts with his father. Soon, like a common Indian movie romance, he find his love Sana (Priyanaka Chopra). On the other hand, there is his uncle who is making a time machine, Sana wants to goto in future on this machine but unfortunately she dies. But there is now theory of rebirth and Zeisha is rebirth of Sana in 2050. Karan is now in future and wants Zeisha to come with in present. There is Dr. Hoshi who wants to steal time machine from uncle Ya (Boman irani). He now have to fight Dr. Hoshi to save the world. And rest we all know.

Movie is filled with lots of element to make it masala packed, we have romance, we have future, we have time travelling, we have punar janam (rebirth) and lots of music and special effects but still all this does not help movie to become exciting or something to be talked about. I had watched Harry Baweja's previous attempt of sci-fi movie and this is one is not an exception but total disappointment.

I wish if he had worked on something which he knows best better than the sci-fi and future stuff then would have come up with something more interesting and praising. Movie seems like mixture of lots of Hollywood movies. First half is slow and common while second half where our Hero is in future is filled with lots of challenges to your logic. Special effects just makes things undigestable and seems as if they are there included just for the sake of name of the movie.

Music of the film is average while few songs are pleasant composition. This is script and screen play which so lousy and looks amateurish, from all this you may easily get idea that there is no good cordination between technical team and director. I feel there was no team like creativity team which they seriously need. I think we will never get chance to see a good Sci-Fi movie from Indian in atleast next coming couple of years.

Harman Baweja debut movie seems to have ambition of being different otherwise there is nothing in the movie to watch for. Harry Baweja is ofcoruse watchable and he stands out. But I don't if it was get up and dance steps but this guy keeps me reminding of Hrithik Roshan all the time. Anyways, his performance is good in movie even in most emotional scenes.

Priyanaka Chopra with plenty of opportunity in the movie does not leaves any special impact. Even Boman Irani was not utilized properly. Other characters were just to full fill their places.

This movie disappoints big time because of its theme, I wish if Harry Baweja had used this much effort in creating something logistic then would not be such waste of resources.

My Rating goes on Average .. ie. 2.5 / 5

Watch this movie in theater if you do not have any other option that day to kill your time.