+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Buying a new bike in Bangalore?

Advert.

casper_richie
    casper_richie is offline Just in!

Buying a new bike in Bangalore?

Advert.
    Hi,

This is my first post here. 8) I live in bangalore and am planning to buy a bike.

I have couple of motorbikes in my mind

1.) Hunk
    2.) TVS Apache 160
    3.) Bajaj Pulsar
    4.) Honda Unicorn
    5.) Yamaha R15

I prefer bikes with sports look. I will look at them in a prospect of getting a cool sports mod once I buy.

My priority factors will be
    1. Mileage
    2. Trendy Look

3. Road Grip
    4. Resale Value

My Budget ranges between 50k-70k. Please suggest some good bikes.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Buying a new bike in Bangalore?

All the bikes you mentioned give almost similar mileage ie. Near ~50 kmpl on the other hand look wise Hunk is better while Pulsar 150 is very common so I don't suggest for it else it is good and time tested with trendy styling (but very common though) as well good power.
    Honda Unicorn is dated now, I don't want you to regret yourself after buying this bike later for reason that why you opted for bike which now needs lots of refinement etc.

Yamaha R15 is definitely a good bike but it goes into premium section, expect mileage below 50 kmpl and it costs Near 1 lakh rupees so basically out of your budget atm.

Apache RTR 160 performance bike and you go for it but mileage is the field which may not satisfy you if going for this bike. But you may wait for F1 which is more aggresively styled Apache.

You may also consider TVS Flame 125 cc with company acclaimed mileage of 112 kmpl and styling is definitely top notch.

Hope this helps..
    Goodluck for your new bike. !

casper_richie
    casper_richie is offline Just in!

Hey Ricky,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a couple of pics of FI . And as you said Flame looks good, i would like to give it a look of a race bike. Will I be able to mod it?

And it is fairly new into market, how abt maintenance?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

I remember I had replied here already but its not here.. ???
    Anyways..

FI is not available throughout India yet, most of the showroom will have Apache RTR 160 Refresh or in other word, apache 2008 with cowl and some graphics as well as new colors.

You should check out TVS flame in nearby showroom and you will find that there is hardly any need to mod the bike.
    Currently I know atleast 4 people who own new TVS flame from last few months and uptil now they are pretty happy about it.

YourBuddie
    YourBuddie is offline Newbie

For TVS Flame...I found one thing very annoying...the crash guard (leg guard)..its so small that it servers nor purpose of safety...

+ Post a Comment HERE!