Hindi Movie Mehbooba Review

With star cast which include Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt and Manisha Koirala in 2008, what you expect when the name of the movie is Mehbooba. Anyhow, when I saw speculation about movie named Mehbooba then I was sort of amazed that such names seems dated and when I looked into it then found that yes indeed this movie was in production from last 8-10 years and hence expect something dated.

After watching the movie you will realize you that Sanjay Dutt as well as Ajay Devegan are looking younger . And we have Manisha Koirala who is no where here in the Industry. Movie distinguishably looks dated and yes it will remind you of movies with 2 brothers and one Lover / Mehbooba. Remember Saajan or Agnisakshi, it will remind you of those.

First few minutes of the movie will tell you everything about the story is pretty predictable and old old. Lets have some glimpse of the story first.

(Varsha) Manisha Koirala is girl who was duped by person named Shravan (Sanjay Dutt). Shravan is man who is too much into girls and gets every girl he desire for but Varsha actually denied his advances but he then played a drama to get her. Finally heartbroken Varsha moves to another city and also changes her name to Payal.

On the other hand, it is Mr. Karan (Ajay Devgan) who dream about and imaginative girl whom he never met but the moment he see Payal (Manisha Koirala, earlier Varsha), he realizes that she is the one for whom he waited long. Payal, who is already heart broken, now do not believes in relation but somehow Karan convinces her and bring her to Rajasthan to meet his family. But the things are not going to be easy for Payal as she she came to know that the Shravan is actually elder brother of Karan. Rest we know it, family drama, a little bit of this and that.. and we have the movie.

As I stated right in the beginning, movie is all set in nineties and may not suit today's audience. Rumi Jafri may have thought to compile something new out of few old and proven movies and may be this could have done good if was released many years back. But old never means that movie is not good. The cast did not let down at any moment and specially Manisha, she looked and acted good throughout. Sanjay and Ajay Devgaan were good as they are and nothing much to say about them.

Music is by Ismail Darbar and you can say its satisfactory but have bit of feel of the music we were used hear 5-6 years back. Overall Afzal Khan's attempt is just average but at few moments movie tends to excite you but a lengthy movie and fails to keep you gripped to your seats easily for almost 3 hours.

Still I feel there are people who likes this type of cinema and may this movie get rescued by them. Overall, I will not suggest you to spare your money to watch this movie in theater. Rest you decide after watching the movie and do give your views, review over here.

My Ratings : 2/5 ..
yes.. thats Poor considering today's cinematic atmosphere.