+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Grandmother's Delight....Grandson's Fright - Sharing memories

Advert.

abhinav_1_2
    abhinav_1_2 is offline Just in!

Red face Grandmother's Delight....Grandson's Fright - Sharing memories

Advert.
    The sweetest of all people you can find in this world are your grandparents. They love you, advice you, pamper you, tickle you, motivate you, save you and nurture you in the best way a person can. I feel they try to find their past life in you.

One day my grandmother (76 yrs) asked me to take her to the bank to do some cash transactions. We reached bank on our typical scooty (strictly sister's property) and I was literally surprised by the activeness of my old grandmom as it seemed she had no effect of scorching heat outside and could easily bash the Bank's manager if he denied her any of her requirement.

She stood in the line and I waited for her work to finish. Suddenly I met one of my old school buddy and started discussing life. The discussion turned out to be disastrous:

Me: Hey Arun! Nice to meet you after so many months. How come you are here?

Arun: Just came to get a demand draft for an entrance exam. What about you?

Me: My grandmom had some work so I brought her here.

Arun turned back and touched my grandmom's feet (truly great Indian way to show respect). She also blessed him by saying 'khush raho beta' (may you remain happy son).

Then started a series of comedy of errors.

Grandmom: Sorry I didn't recognize you son! Have we met before?

Arun: I'm Abhinav's friend.

Grandmom: Oh! Abhinav...who?

Arun pointed at me with his finger and I interrupted Arun saying 'Do you know each other'?

Arun: Don't you recognize your grandmom? Strange!

By this time I understood every thing and pointed to him the place where my actual grandmom was standing.

So mistakenly he thought an old lady standing behind him as my grandmother and those 3 minutes became a great memoir in my life

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Thats a very sweet memory you shared.
    Infact its a very good initiative from sharing your personal memorable yet funny incidence here.

Welcome to eTI community

asaam
    asaam is offline eTI Iron
    HI abhinav, I liked your explanation, you wrote it very well. thanx for sharing.

abhinav_1_2
    abhinav_1_2 is offline Just in!
    Thanks guys the kind words!

Pleased to join the community.

Nazneen
    Nazneen is offline eTI Member
    How cuteeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Aaah, how I miss my grandparents!

Renita_123 Guest
    Awww…this is so cute. I remember my grandma singing Nani Teri morni to me and putting me to bed every night. Even after her death my grandfather did the same. I miss them so much.

7. Advert.

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    Grandma is the one person who is all there for you and care for you even more than your mom will do, I miss my grandma a lot she passed away when I was in S.S.C and that too during the board exams, I still miss her, she was a very crucial part of my life which God took away from me to make me learn the way to live life independently, but somewhere I know my grandma is still with me and always guiding me to do the right thing at right time, and taking care for me. She will always be alive inside my heart she is immortal.....Love you Grandma.....

+ Post a Comment HERE!