+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Parents refusal for intercaste marriage. How to come out of it?

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Parents refusal for intercaste marriage. How to come out of it?

Advert.
    Sir,
    I pity on myself for being in this situation but serioulsy am not able to realise how to go with it.
    I was a very happy girl hanging out with my friends , doing whatver i like. Being a Hindu Brahmin , i used to take pride in it and dint make many friends from other castes. My college days had made me forget this and started making frens ignoring the castes.. became closer to 3 to 4 frends ... sustained my relation till now with all my close freinds. I even mistook my relation with a guy in my friend circle who used to take care of me than anyone else and informed him about this.However with his help , i came out of it in no time.In the mean time got closer to another guy who is again in the same friends circle.. even though i started liking him , dint express it at any time since i had an experience in past. Also since this guy is a Hindu NonBrahmin and i dint want to futher make a relationship with him as i am aware that my parents will never agree for this.I m 24 and My parents also started looking out matches for me and i was comfortable with their decision earlier. However, i started realising that i am going to miss this guy badly if i am going to marry a person of my parents choice. And since i am sure my parents wont agree , and i dont want to go against them , Since i had promised them that i will marry person of their choice , I told him wats going in my mind. We decided to distance each other Even though he likes me too. This was when it developed so much that we realised we want to share our life together. I knew that the only solution is that i should leave my parents and he is worth of it. However , I could not remain without telling this to my parents and as expected they refused our proposal. All my family members are against it for the only reason of caste difference. They are orthodox and follow all brahmin deeds and traditions. For the pain i was sufferring after their refusal , They told me, Had i loved a Brahmin , they would have accepted. My guy also tried to convince him and all my family members. They never agreed and even asked me to choose only one among my parents and my guy. This thought itself makes me cry. At one instant , i even told them being strong enough that i would go for him since they have asked me to choose. But then i realised how pathetic it would be to my family members and how they will be effected if i do so. I really could not see them , my mother that way . I realised the practicality behind this since my mother is worried that they are not going to support us for lifetime if I part away with them . Its pain to all leaving none.
    Hence i decided not to give this to them. They have been the best parents for me till today except for this refusal.
    They have given me sometime for preparing myself for a marriage with another guy who is to be chosen for same caste community.So I am trying to get out of this by involving in my hobbies and work and not speaking to him. However , I am feeling much intimidated with a thought of a new guy other than my guy.I keep on thinking about my guy, could nt stop it however hard i tried.I am simply mad about him and we love each other so much.We seriously wanted to lead our life together. His parents too dint agree for the only reason that my parents refused and we cant live happily unless my parents suport me. I have lost belief in god, these traidtions, being stubborn... living like in a hell even though my parents do care for me in these tough times.Cant express this to anyone else. I cant step into anyside. Both seems to be parallel and nevermeeting.
    How to come out of this?

Veda

maverick j
    maverick j is offline Just in!
    parents are the most important ...you cant let their image be soiled...u luv this guy and this guy luvs u..both of you convince your parents ...remain adamant on your choices...one day they will surely accept it......

Nazneen
    Nazneen is offline eTI Member
    Hey!
    That's some tough situation you're in!
    You seem like a really nice daughter. You've tried your best to ignore your feelings just cause you knew your parents wouldn't be okay with it. That's really thoughtful!
    What you can do is tell your parents about him again, tell them you really love him and he CAN keep you happy. If he is doing a good job, is financially stable, comes from a good family and loves you, your parents shouldn't be saying no to him just cause he isn't a Brahmin. Just be stubborn about it.

I know they have been good parents but hey, you've been a good daughter too. You didn't choose for this to happen. So just tell them that aren't ready to marry anyone else. When you know exactly what you want from life, you gotta fight for it. Nothing comes easy sweety.. All the best!

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hello Veda,

You have done everything that I could have suggested you to do in this situation. So, there is nothing much that can be done now. Your family seems to be too orthodox traditional people. As I can get from whatever you have written, your family is a typical Brahmin family who follows all the cutural and traditional norms of Brahmins. So, definitely it will be difficut fopr you both to convince them for this inter-caste marriage. Also, as you told your boyfriend has already met them and the outcome of this meeting wasn't good. So, seeing all this I dont think so it will work out for both of you as your parents are really detremined and stubborn about same caste marriage.

Moreover, they have now asked you to finally decide with a guy they have choosen for you to get marriaed gives a clear cut indication that they are really not initerested in taking this matter any further. So, there is no point in dragging this relationship any further and it would be better to end things up now. It seems to be easy in saying this, but in reality I understand it will be difficult. But you need to realize that there is no future to this relationship. If your parents is not agreeing to this relationship and if they are so much stubborn on the caste thing, there are steep chances that they will agree to it. So, end things up now.

As you have somewhere already accepted this fact that your relationship with him will not work out, it shouldn't be difficult for you to discontinue with it now. This is the best suggestion I can think of for you.

Also, drop the idea of eloping away and getting married as it will land both of you in great soup. Life is not easy and imaginative as it semms to. You will face a lot of problems if you run away and get married to each other. So, drop this idea...and live your life.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

akhil6
    akhil6 is offline Just in!
    I am a akhil (hindu non bramhin)and the girl(hindhu bramhin) I am in love is in the same when I was reading the story it was like I was reading what happened in her own story but here I am 20 years old and she said that it would not workout and trying to convince me that I will get a better girl than her and asked me y I chose her and bring so much pain to me and her. I could stop myself from posting this comment because it was 100% the same story of my life and what I am going through in my life the most painful thing that I have experienced till now and will be experiencing for the rest of my life😢

+ Post a Comment HERE!