+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Disable GPRS in Nokia 5233 or 5230 Symbian mobile phone

Advert.

eRantha
    eRantha is offline Newbie

Disable GPRS in Nokia 5233 or 5230 Symbian mobile phone

Advert.
    HI, I have serious problem, I have Nokia 5233 phone and I am not using internet all the time but every time I see my phone there is some amount deducted. I am using airtel sim and sometimes I don't have data recharge then it deduct Rs. 0.10 everytime, this way daily lots of balance is deduced. In android phone I see option to disable data option completely but I can not find something similar in my nokia 5233 phone. It means it is not there in nokia 5233 feature to complete disable usage of packet data so that it don't deduct my money when I don't want t use GPRS ?

I have tried hard to find the solution and there is no location in my 5233 to disable data completely or disable gprs completely.

eRantha
    eRantha is offline Newbie
    HI

I found solution myself. It is very easy. Just goto Setting --> connection --> admin settings and set all internet connection to "Always ask" and it will not connect automatically after that.

sangipriya
    sangipriya is offline Just in!

hai am also having the same problem. have u find the solution for disconnect internet

Quote Originally Posted by eRantha View Post
    HI, I have serious problem, I have Nokia 5233 phone and I am not using internet all the time but every time I see my phone there is some amount deducted. I am using airtel sim and sometimes I don't have data recharge then it deduct Rs. 0.10 everytime, this way daily lots of balance is deduced. In android phone I see option to disable data option completely but I can not find something similar in my nokia 5233 phone. It means it is not there in nokia 5233 feature to complete disable usage of packet data so that it don't deduct my money when I don't want t use GPRS ?

I have tried hard to find the solution and there is no location in my 5233 to disable data completely or disable gprs completely.

hai am also having the same problem. have u find the solution for disconnect internet? plz help me

Suraj suman
    Suraj suman is offline Just in!

Thumbs up Solution

Go to setting--->connectivity--->connection mgr,then disconnect the pocketda ta.

HKMSNPL
    HKMSNPL is offline Just in!
    only set a user name and password for your internet profile.So that whenever it ask for connection,connection will stop at that pont of password.And if u want other method than download rom patcher app with block gprs patch.activate block gprs option.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Apparently there is no way to do this in Nokia Symbian OS, at max you can remove all APNs but still it will deduct tiny amounts as it tries to connect but since there is no APN, there will not be heavy deduction. Best way is to ask your telecom operator to disable GPRS / DATA on your connection. But thats not very practical though .

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!