+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Hazards of mobile towers - Scientific and Documented Proof

Advert.

Goan
    Goan is offline eTI Member

Hazards of mobile towers - Scientific and Documented Proof

Advert.
    I want to set up a mobile tower on a hilltop.I live on the foothills of the Western Ghats so the elevation of the hill would be around 100 mtrs.
    I wish to set up a mobile tower if and only if it will not harm people in the locality

There is always a fear when new technology enters .I can understand the fact that the Panchayat may be reluctant to issue a NOC.

My aim here is to know the truth of the matter

What is the reality? What scientific proof is there that towers are dangerous? what is the documented proof that radiation causes health problems? What are the norms set by the competent authority in India.
    i must first satisfy myself and then defend my proposition .
    Its fun

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    I have moved your topic to most appropriate section as well as improved title of the topic so that topic can get better response.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    You don't have to worry about things, it will be your mobile tower company who has to take care of things, as Govt. I was reading following in a news article.. its says :

Though the industry claims that telecom tower radiation does not cause harm and points out that it is already complying with the new standards, the government is cautious.

Those living in the other building are constantly exposed to radiation. This is dangerous. We don't know the impact on human tissues. Technology must be embraced, but it should be subject to public health.

So clearly nothing is confirmed as of yet.

Goan
    Here in Goa the public is poorly educated but very vociferous when it comes to health issues -so it is an explosive mixture.Little knowledge is a dangerous thing
    The BSNL engineer himself backed off saying"that the Panchayat will not allow it"

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Well, if your house / installation place is not nearby any residential place then I don't think it can be any problem.

Goan
    When Goa was liberated in 1961 we had a purely agricultural economy.It is now the digital age .Expecting people who can really read English to understand the intricacies of mobile radiation is a very tall order.i have a BSc in Physics(1982) so I have the basic background to make sense of things.also My grandad had been the village doctor so i would think twice even if there were to be a remote chance of damaging anybody's health.
    i have written to BSNL but that is just a shot in the dark

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!