+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Sap IDES the legal version download and how to learn myself?

Advert.

Goan
    Goan is offline eTI Member

Sap IDES the legal version download and how to learn myself?

Advert.
    I am interested in learning SAP Fico.I have done a course half way thro at Ammerpet hyderabad.I find it very exciting and would like the software just to train myself.How do i get it
    ?
    Is IDES the legal version?

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    I have moved this topic to most appropriate section and also have improved topic title.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    HI

Actually there are various online solution / services which allows you to access SAP IDES for free for learning purpose, just give a search on google and try it and let us know which one is best and effective

Goan
    I last touched SAP in 2008 but that was not online.I found the software really fantastic ,my previous experience having been with State bank Of India s standalone Bankmaster system.Goa was at that time laid back as far as software went,so I had to go to Hyderabad . Bangalore is also superlative.However both are very polluted as I am prone to stomach upsets there
    Online is a new thing in at my village in Goa just 3 months according to BSNL.
    I did have a try at one online but it was a failure

Goan

Goan
    Thanks for your interest in the consolut IDES system. With this mail we provide you the needed user information for the ERP E62 clients 400, 500 & 800 and for the MiniSAP client 500.
    Additionally, the ERP E62 password works for the consolut BI/BO web interface at http://portal.consolut.eu:51000/irj as well.
    Please keep in mind, that this BI/BO service runs on port 51000 and not on port 80 - so, it might not work behind company firewalls.

Logon Information for ERP E62 Client 400, 500 & 800 and for BI/BO:

User: EXT900001811
    Password: You need to request this daily at: SAP GUI for HTML

Login URL: Logon

Login URL BI/BO-Portal: http://portal.consolut.eu:51000/irj

Logon Information for MiniSAP N4S Client 500 for ABAP Development Training & Full BI Access with RSA1 etc.:

User: DEVELOPER
    Password: You need to request this daily at: SAP GUI for HTML

Login URL: Logon

Please keep in mind, that this MiniSAP service runs on port 8001 and not on port 80 - so, it might not work behind company firewalls.
    As SAPGUI is a lot easier for developing ABAP or using BI in RSA1, we would suggest to use the SAPGUI instead of the webgui connection for MiniSAP N4S.
    You can find the config for the SAPGUI at:
    Part of the email I receved regarding free IDES It did not open ie the "rar" file did not open

7. Advert.

Goan
    Thank you for your interest in SAP

We're sorry, we're currently not available to take your chat. Please try your chat again later or contact SAP online and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

You can reach us:
    Monday through Friday
    8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time
    I tried chatting with SAP in the USA .I have been let down by Oracle at Bangalore once-they provided me useless cds in 2006 for rs 40000 so I have lost trust in Indian support.You guys on this forum are different as you have no business targets to meet

Goan

Screenshot of the sap rar file that I messed up

Name:  sap.PNG
Views: 1
Size:  19.9 KB

I messed up and the file won't open

For one thing the file is in acrobat and I am trying to open it with Java
    can anyone untie me

Goan

The First Google search

This site seems to be first on the google search .I was pleasantly surprised to find it.This is the site for my failed attempt.

http://sapignite.com/get-free-access...p-ides-system/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free ides.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	1459

Goan
    SAP India | The Best Run Businesses Run SAP

So I have finally contacted SAP asking for the link to the IDES download -lets see how they reply.Meanwhile there are excellent videos on YOUTUBE besides the wonderful library

SAP Library - Help on Help

Aarish Rizvi
    Quote Originally Posted by Goan View Post
    I tried chatting with SAP in the USA .I have been let down by Oracle at Bangalore once-they provided me useless cds in 2006 for rs 40000 so I have lost trust in Indian support.You guys on this forum are different as you have no business targets to meet
    You really spent Rs. 40K on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Goan View Post
    Name:  sap.PNG
Views: 1
Size:  19.9 KB

I messed up and the file won't open

For one thing the file is in acrobat and I am trying to open it with Java
    can anyone untie me
    Thats a rar file, you need to first uncompress it and it seems be a guide but not actual Sap setup etc. Also, as far as I know, SAP is pretty big, their setup files comes in GBs of data and not everyone can install it.

Aarish Rizvi
    I think you should fill up this form in order to get access to SAP online:
    SAP GUI for HTML

Goan

Wasting money on IT training...

I always wanted to learn IT because it gives me a thrill so I did not ming 40k.What I felt bad about was the poor returns ,just cds with no real leaning material jut screenshots.I also spent another 30k to attend a 4 day course by Oracle at Hyderabad but again it was a waste
    Software companies charge a lot for training
    LAt year I did a windows 7 course at Jetking together with hardware basics for rs 14000

Aarish Rizvi
    That is huge some you invested and was rather wasted as you did not get any good return.

In that case, then I think books are best companion, generally they give you more knowledge than you seek but yes, it is time consuming to learn from books only ie. without any mentor.

+ Post a Comment HERE!