+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Want to buy a brand new PS3

Advert.

arvindrao15
    arvindrao15 is offline eTI Iron

Want to buy a brand new PS3

Advert.
    I want to buy a PS3 soon.
    I dont know anything about a PS3 so please let me know all the details i want to know.
    I am considering the following two options
    Sony PS3 160GB Console Price India, Buy Sony GamePad Console Hardware Online - Infibeam.com
    PlayStation 3 320 GB Medieval Move Bundle Gaming Console online | Buy PlayStation 3 320 GB Medieval Move Bundle Gaming Console in India | Tata Croma

One is a 160GB and one is a 320 GB with move.I am not interested in Motion gaming so i can sacrifice the move controller.
    Now is the main question-What is the need for a 320GB HD?
    Is there a need to store such Mass amount of data? I remember using just a 8MB MMC with the PS2 which was more than enough for me.
    What are the things that consume space?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    You can save your multimedia stuff, you can even save games on HDD using some tricks. But that is upto you actually, also if you can find some cheaper version then buy it and you can replace with any higher capacity 2.5inch SATA .

arvindrao15
    So you mean it doesnt make a difference if i get a 160 GB instead of a 320 GB right?
    Anyways i can expand the memory later if i want to.And do you have any personal experience with the PS3?

Aarish Rizvi
    I am yet to have pleasure of buying one but I have experience of using it, basically hdd can be used to save anything you download from internet like Music, Movies, Game Demos, Trailers, Add ons, Your Game Data, Personal Settings, Photos, Applications, Backgrounds, and many more.
    As said, if you can find some cheap offers like without HDD then you can add any 2.5 " laptop hdd into it, may be 500GB (I am not sure if 500 GB is supported) .

arvindrao15
    Ok so please suggest me what should i do? I am really confused,also i wanted to discuss about jail breaking so that i dont have to buy the costly games,but is it legal on this forum to discuss piracy?

Aarish Rizvi
    Well, apparently discussing hacking and cracking is not allowed here. You can always search google to find tutorial. You can Jailbreak it , even the vendor do it for you for some small amount. I don't think it is illegal to jail break it however its illegal to install and play pirated games. once you jail break you will void your warranty and also you won't be able to use PSN network. But I think you should wait a while, I have heard that Microsoft and even sony is planning to launch their next generation gaming console soon. Unless you get really cheap offer, you should wait. Few days , a friend of mine purchased xbox 360 without HDD for Rs. 7.5K only (from big bazaar).. really cheap , if you an find similar offer for PS3 then grab it and add your hdd in it.

7. Advert.

arvindrao15
    Ok so it means it is safe to discuss jailbreaking but now about downloading games will find a new forum for that
    Just to let you know,even Sony is planning to launch the new version of the slim PS3 called the super-slim,this is going to be cheaper than the present PS3 and will also be lighter and slimmer.
    There hasn't been any official date as to when will it be launched in India,so there is no point in waiting so long.

Aarish Rizvi
    Well, there are lots of tutorial available online. Try one and let us know. However, I think xbox360 lets you play lots of stuff without hacking / cracking.

arvindrao15
    Xbox is not what i am looking out actually,PS3 has better features hence im willing to go for that under any circumstances!
    Now all i want is a place to purchase it online at the cheapest possible cost!

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron
    Don't forget to give try to your local stores first, they may have some good offers, try BestPrice too

arvindrao15
    Tried Best price,they dont have PS3 it seems

Naveen Arora
    Naveen Arora is offline eTI Iron
    You may try Ebay.in too, they may have some good offer.

arvindrao15
    Tried Ebay,too costly over there,if you have any good offer please post the link.

arvindrao15
    Sorry for bumping old thread.
    But with the launch of the new super slim PS3 i am now considering getting the 500GB version.
    Can any one please let me know the difference between the latest super slim and the old gen slim PS3?

Aarish Rizvi
    I think new one is little improved and they have fixed few prominent issues as discussed on the link you gave. In my opinion, just go for the one which is cheaper and better deal.

+ Post a Comment HERE!