+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Launch of Micromax LED Televisions - Will it help to reduce price of LED in India?

Advert.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze

Launch of Micromax LED Televisions - Will it help to reduce price of LED in India?

Advert.
    Yesterday I get to know that Micromax has launched its LED TV series.. As per news, the company has set up a one-lakh-square-feet manufacturing facility spread over five acres, with a production capacity of 2,000 LED TV units per day at Rudrapur, Uttrakhand.

They have launched TVs from price range of Rs. 15900 to 129000, all I can see that they have 5 TV models and the starter ie. entry level is only HD ready ie. 1366 x 768px .. nothing useful.

Though they have given us something between premium and then cheap and affordable price, I was hoping their foray into TV will help us to get TVs at cheaper price.. but I doubt it. Already we are buying TVs at very big margin, companies are almost making 100% profit in their LED TV range..

What do you think ?

manojbhagat
    manojbhagat is offline eTI Iron
    I came to know about this just yesterday and was about to start a thread,good you started it and saved me the trouble
    This move by Micromax has been a really really bold one.Although Micromax has outrun the sales of both Apple and Samsung in the tablets market,i don't think entering this part of the electronics world directly was a very great idea.
    Imagine:
    Person:I got a new LED TV worth 1.3 Lakh rupees!
    Friend:Wow thats amazing,which company?
    Person:Its a Micromax!
    Friend: Are you kidding me?!

How can people spend such a huge amount on Micromax? 15k to 30k would have been the ideal pricing range.

Aarish Rizvi
    Heck.. thats a hell of a example
    True , I was looking at their pricing and models , nothing useful, there 24 inch TV (which is not even full HD) is 16990 . thats crap. But they will have definitive advantage.. actually they are looking for "Ek teer do shikaar", I think they had huge demand for tab panels, so thought to make one themselves and on the other hand use it for TV foray too.

Btw, are they going to assemble chinese components or actually make things in India ?

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron
    hmm .. hmm..
    I will not buy MMX television, I am not sure whats their quality . not to mention I had pretty bad experience with mmx products.

Aarish Rizvi
    Hi Rohit, you are right I also feel that MMX makes sub standard products but they are good value for money.

manojbhagat
    @yahoo(how to tag someone?is it possible or quote is the only way?)- you are right,they do make VFM products and also sub standard products.
    As far as the question of manufacturing the components go,I have no clue.But i think that they are all made by Chinese manufacturers.I personally feel Chinese products have a better quality than Indian made products.(Excluding Dumping ofcourse)

7. Advert.

Naveen Arora
    Naveen Arora is offline eTI Iron
    Chinese products have better quality and finish and they have better R&D than India products but when the condition of making it cheapest is not applied. I am sure if they dont' try to make cheap, they can make very good products. But I think their USP is being cheap itself.

manojbhagat
    Yes they do make high quality products.All the branded products are made in China.Even my BOSE home theater has been made in China! So it shows that China is everywhere when it comes to electronics,may it be a high quality one or a cheap one with bad quality.

+ Post a Comment HERE!