+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Best RWD (rear wheel drive) car in India for drifting (and cheap too)

Advert.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze

Best RWD (rear wheel drive) car in India for drifting (and cheap too)

Advert.
    I think I am demanding too much here but inspired from a previous discussion, I am interested to know which is best Real Wheel drive (RWD) car India which is cheap but sporty too. If anyone care then I would like to have some education about same too that if RWD is better than why manufacturer goes for Front Wheel Drive cars.. you see infact all entry level to mid range .. all are FWD .

And yes, good for drifting too

manojbhagat
    manojbhagat is offline eTI Iron
    First of all,Drift is a thing that can be pulled out only by a RWD car or a 4WD car(in extreme cases) The cheapest available RWD in the market? Yes,it is also the cheapest car in the market-The TATA NANO!
    The next question is-Would a Nano actually drift? The plain answer is NO,due to various reasons, one of them being the lack of power.What if we get enough power in? It will topple or roll towards the sides due to the G-Force during a drift as its height is more than its width
    The next car's we have in the low budget section are the 118ne and the most popular Fiat's Padmini Premier(The Taxi in Mumbai)
    YES! Its a RWD! Take notice of the bulge that goes from the engine to the back through the floor of the taxi next time you sit in it! Its nothing but the differential transfering power to the rear wheels!
    But it will need a lot of mods including a tighter suspension(we know the softness of the stock suspension) and a roll-cage just in case it rolls over.
    As per me the best car to be modded into a drift car would definitely be a 118ne.It remains composed at speeds of 80kmph+ unlike the latter and the body and chassis also feels to be just the right mix for a proper tire wearing session.
    Next in the series comes the 3 series! OMG that rhymed!
    The 3 series is the only car which wouldn't be needing any kind of modifications for drifting,it will leave your wallet sick for many days though.

arvindrao15
    arvindrao15 is offline eTI Iron
    That was a good explaination Manoj,we really do need some good RWD cars under 8 lakhs to use them as proper toys.

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron
    Quite informative. I think its best to make your wallet beefy and then go for RWD the way you want

manojbhagat
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Chandra View Post
    Quite informative. I think its best to make your wallet beefy and then go for RWD the way you want
    Yes you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo View Post
    if RWD is better than why manufacturer goes for Front Wheel Drive cars.. you see infact all entry level to mid range .. all are FWD .
    This is primarily due to 2 reasons:
    1.RWD is comparatively more expensive to make.
    2.It also reduced the mileage to some minor extent which is completely unacceptable to the Indians

Naveen Arora
    Naveen Arora is offline eTI Iron
    Informative post.
    Before this I had no issue about this but now I will pay attention , now I am also feeling urge to try drift (I just googled to know what is drift)

7. Advert.

manojbhagat
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveen Arora View Post
    Informative post.
    Before this I had no issue about this but now I will pay attention , now I am also feeling urge to try drift (I just googled to know what is drift)
    Hi Naveen,
    Thanks for the reply. As i've mentioned earlier you need to have a RWD to pull out a proper drift,but i guess you might be having a front wheel drive,so you can do so by pulling the handbrake and steering at the same time! Please try this only in open spaces where you are far from people,buildings or any other thing that you might damage.
    Be safe.

+ Post a Comment HERE!