+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Kozhikode-A place you should not miss

Advert.

Opinionmaster
    Opinionmaster is offline Newbie

Kozhikode-A place you should not miss

Advert.
    Sometimes back I pondered on why I liked Kozhikode so much .It didn’t take me too long to conclude the reason. I had lived in Kozhikode for a span of 8 years. Something about this northern district of Kerala, a state in India attracted me a lot in an unusually large way People and friends over there whenever they call me on my phone bring back those moments of 8 years when I worked in a telecom company in the city. I used to stay in a lodge near the sea beach, a place which I frequented more than any other piece of land on this earth. I still remember the dusty old small room in which I spent my struggling days. After a hard days work, I used to go to the Sea Queen Hotel near the beach to relax along with my friends. We would drink until 11 pm and then go to Paragon Hotel, a famous hotel known for its famous sea food delicacies. I have never seen a C Class city with so much night life. I can get down at 2 am in this city and still feel safe. The city virtually never sleeps. People here are so friendly, helpful and sincere that you could bet on help at any odd hour. Though a confluence of diverse culture/religion, there is no such thing as social barrier here. Muslims dominate this area. Hindus come a close second and the duo mingles on every occasion, be it an Iftar Party or the Traditional Vishu. Demographically Kozhikode has its centre of attraction, the Mananchira Ground, a park for the nature lover which is crowded in the evenings. Enjoying fried peanut lying on this Ground was a favorite pastime for me once. Then there is the SM Street, a narrow bylane with shops around. The name comes from the sweet meat shop which once dominated those areas. You could freak around the street and never know when the day comes to an end.Mavoor Road, the most popular Road crossing the city, houses the important offices/bus stations and cinema theatres Now living in Kochi,a city filled with the hustle bustle of a typical urban location,I miss those days and those people who were close to my heart. Anybody who tires themselves in the rat race should visit Kozhikode at least once to see what they are missing out in life

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Kozhikode-A place you should not miss

Hello, that is wonderful description. You just described it so well that Kozhikode was just drwan in front of eyes.
    I may not visit it but if ever happen to nearby it then surely will pay a visit there .

Also, you are welcome to eTI

apurvashah
    apurvashah is offline Newbie
    wow that looks like a nice place. & you have explained it in such a nice way that i just want to go there now. thanks for the information.

shinasehgal
    shinasehgal is offline eTI Member
    well i think you are still missing the days you have spent there in kozhikode. after reading your post i searched kozhikode on google that is truly wonderful place to visit.

+ Post a Comment HERE!