+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt-the turbo charge lag

Advert.

deepakjain1111
    deepakjain1111 is offline Just in!

Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt-the turbo charge lag

Advert.
    I have Tata Safari 2.2, 4*2. I have travelled to Mussorie, Manali-Leh-Srinagar & Udaipur in past 2 months. I feel that maximum output that the Engine generates after 2000 RPM when tubocharger activate at fullest should be lover down to 1600 - 1750 RPM. Is it possible and what harm will it make to the Car?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt-the turbo charge lag

Turbocharger lag was always a problem with SAFARI and everyone knows that only after 2000 rpm you can see real Safari Cruising and I too notice it everytime I drive, anyways have to go with it.

The new Safari worked on this problem and they used something similar to Variable geomatry turbocharger and called it which VTT stands in new safari for Variable Turbine Technology. Though this thing worked cool but still looks like turbo lag is there.

Basically, turbochargers are provided to increase air intake in engine by compressing it to even greater level, most of the time turbochargers turbine are operated by engine exhaust gases, so only at required engine speed, turbocharger may get adequate power hence at lower speed it may not work good. To address this turbo lag at lower speed, variable turbine technology is induced in Safari. So what I can say that Safari has minimal turbo lag possible for the type of engine and housing of the turbine they have. You can't do much as Safari is already handling properly.

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt-the turbo charge lag

excellent explanation ricky.

indiandrives
    indiandrives is offline eTI Iron
    Nice information posting and sharing with us. Thanks

Unregistered Guest

Angry Tata Safari

I own a Safari, and it is the shittest car ever. It is not dust proof. I'l drive for 2 km on gravel road, and there wilol be more dust in the car than on the road. Its only done 22000 km

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    I don't think there is any such issue, if you are running AC and blower is set to take air from outside car then no car can save you from dust.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!