+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Micromax A110 GPS locking problem - waiting for location

Advert.

Shirantha
    Shirantha is offline eTI Member

Micromax A110 GPS locking problem - waiting for location

Advert.
    Hi

I have issue in my Micromax superfone canvas 2 aka the A110 in GPS locking. It worked great for first time but when I started for second time , it is always showing error that "waiting for location".
    I am in open space but still I am receiving this error please help to solve this problem. On first day I started GPS but I had slow internet but was very easily finding my location but now not even opening.

Please help me to fix navigation app in this phone.

Thanks

pPranav
    pPranav is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirantha View Post
    Hi

I have issue in my Micromax superfone canvas 2 aka the A110 in GPS locking. It worked great for first time but when I started for second time , it is always showing error that "waiting for location".
    I am in open space but still I am receiving this error please help to solve this problem. On first day I started GPS but I had slow internet but was very easily finding my location but now not even opening.

Please help me to fix navigation app in this phone.

Thanks
    My A110 is facing the same issue - in fact when I went to the service center, there were three handsets there with the same issue. It looks like a basic problem in the A110 model itself - Micromax have sold a phone claim to have a working GPS when it actually does not. Shame on them, unless they release a patch quickly!

Are you sure your GPS worked once? Or was it just an approximate position based on AGPS - Mine never worked even once, and that is the case for all the handsets I have seen.

Shirantha
    Hi Pranav, I think you are right, even AGPS is not working and it is not able to lock GPS. What I found that if you disable "Google's Location Service" which says "Let app use data from sources such as Wifi and mobile networks to determine your approximate location"... You can never lock your GPS position at all.. even if EPO, AGPS and all is enable, but once I enable Google Location service, it starts locking but thats very bad, not accurate as GPS satellite locking which I see in my other phones from Nokia and samsung.

I dont' want to use google location service as they keep record of your movement (I saw in news that they have service where you can know where have you been kind of thing) .. but without google location service its impossible to use its GPS..

I am considering visiting Service center and ask them to get it work without AGPS and Google service or else return this phone as my main objective was to use its GPS services..

ashik_h2k
    ashik_h2k is offline Just in!

Thumbs up A110 GPS issue resolved

I had the same problem with Google Navigation GPS, then tried updating my google maps from play store which eventually solved the issue.. please try it and let me know.

Shirantha
    I had updated my Google maps already. Can you get GPS locked when you have disabled Google's Location Service and satellite based GPS is on ?

Shirantha
    Any update here from anyone ?
    I visited Micromax service center today and surprisingly they have separate service center for simple phone and smartphones so I went to Smartphone service center, he patiently listened to me and after all that he asked me from where I purchased the phone ?, I gave him BILL then he said please go to them and ask them as they are trained to tell how to use the phones...
    WHAT ????????

I then asked him do you really know what I am talking about ? He said sorry I don't have knowledge about it and thats it..
    I seriously doubt if GPS in this device really works.. GPS even works in P300 (it doesn't have inbuilt GPS hardware) if I am using net and same is with this device.

Micromax's A110 canvas 2 is fooling us as I don't think this device has real GPS hardware.

7. Advert.

Ajit Vasudevan
    Ajit Vasudevan is offline Just in!

Smile MMX A-110 works !!!!

The GPS in micromax A-110 does work !! After several tries I had to almost give up on this function, but I had particularly wanted GPS on my phone, so when it was not working on my A-110 I was quite disappointed. But a few suggestions from members of eTalkIndia.com and GoGo did a lot of help. So my suggestion to members is this:

Go to 'Play Store' on the A-110, go down to Google and update 'maps'. Then go outdoors and open 'Navigation'. Your GPS will start working.

Shirantha
    Hi Ajit, like you had also given up but after seeing your post, I tried to give last shot , I went on terrace and waited there for a while and after 10 minutes (only GPS enable and rest off) I was able to see GPS lock and it was a great relief for me. After that, phone was able to lock under one minute if only GPS is enabled.

So finally I know its GPS works

Ajit Vasudevan
    Hi Shirantha,
    Glad that finally you got the GPS to work on your A110. It is such a good phablet otherwise. I am glad that I was able to help.
    Ajit

Ajit Vasudevan
    Hi Shirantha,
    I am glad the GPS for your A-110 has started working. I do believe that the instruction manual with the set should be more informative. The A-110 is great value for money, but the knowledge of customers is taken for granted !!!

Ajit

Shirantha
    Ya, but I have again tested it, it takes time to get fixed unlike other phones from brand like Nokia and Sony, this one is slow if I turn off AGPS and EPO etc.

Also, this phone is good value for money but its camera is next to useless , really its only useful in day light, flash is only for flashing eyes but not for improving pictures in dark. Instead of 8MP if they had used 3.15 MP but real quality camera then would have been better .

chirag24
    chirag24 is offline Just in!
    Hello,

Here is Chirag sachdeva, My friend got the same phablet, He also faced GPS locking problem and we figure out something for the above members. I hope that this information will help members. You need to root your Micromax A110 phablet and then replace exisiting gps.config file with a new one and backup the existing one ---> mount the file in /system/etc path ----> activate GPS and test. It will solve your problem. The complete procedure of resolving is given below-

+ Post a Comment HERE!