+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Caution: Your FB Post can land u up in Jail !!!!

Advert.

yanou.sun
    yanou.sun is offline eTI Member

Caution: Your FB Post can land u up in Jail !!!!

Advert.
    Iam sure people must be aware of the incident involving arrests of two Palghar girls, who had lamented on an internet(facebook status) post the shutdown due to Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's funeral.

If such is the state of the liberal/democratic nation where public opinion is being suppressed and to an extent that it ensures you are rewarded with nothing less than imprisonment than i just wonder what the heck are we even doing on such forums if anything we say can get us reprimanded.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Be aware, you may even get in trouble for doubting upon it.. !!!!

I don't know where we are heading..

Those two were booked with case of "promoting hatred through speech" ...!

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Well, 2 cops and a Magistrate have been suspended for applying wrong IPC laws to girls. But damage has been done, I am sure this incident will affect comments of lots of people on internet in India, they will now think twice before making such remarks. I don't know what actually means right to speech freedom in India ?

yanou.sun
    yanou.sun is offline eTI Member
    Something is better than nothing............. as long as the guilty were brought to charge in violation of citizens constitutional rights (even though this might be in the wake of hovering elections).....this will to a certain extent reinforce some amount of faith in the hapless system of india.
    One thing is for certain, those two palghar girls will alwayss shy away from speaking their mind on a public forum after going through the humiliation. which i believe kills dissent and slowly but steadly destroys the right to freedom of speech.

+ Post a Comment HERE!