+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Its about my daughter, who is in love with a boy.

Advert.

AnilG Guest

Its about my daughter, who is in love with a boy.

Advert.
    Hi,

My graduate daughter is in love with a brahmin boy who was studying with her. I am of baniya community. They both are in love very much since last 5 years and willing to marry each other. Though I myself and my family is of liberal ideas and do not believe in caste as well in religion rigidness and are ready to move further, but boys parents are very conservative and inspite of boys repeated pursuals not agreeing for this marrieage. I also talked to them over phone but they are not even willing to listen me even saying that they will oppose in their full capacity if boy and girl move further for marrying by their own or with our help. presently boys is living seperately and both are working. Please suggest me the way how to tackle this issue.

Thanks

Anil

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hello AnilG,

Welcome to the forum. I really appreciate your considerations towards your daughter and her better future. I also appreciate the way you are handling this affair so practically and maturely and not going against her will to settle down with the guy in question.

The only thing I feel best you can do is, wait and try convincing them again and again. This should be done by the guy himself and when you see his parents melting down abit or atleast are in a position to listen to your words, you can meet them in person and discuss the matter.

I feel its too early you have taken up the matter on the forum. The actual persuasion should be done by the guy and the girl, meanwhile you need to relax. Too much of your involvement might create a doubt in his parent's mind, as to you are very much eager to marry their son, which might bring things to a halt or give a new direction to the whole thing.

Practice patience, is what I feel I can suggest you right now !!

Do update us timely, AnilG.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Very well said Pulkit,

I also want to congratulate him for taking care of her daughter this way. And Pulkit said it very true, too much of involvement can make them skeptical towards you. Its the guy who is now in lead position, he should take the action properly.

Is it only religion here or there is anything more like .. they don't like girl for some reason.. etc ?

AnilG
    AnilG is offline Just in!
    Its basically not only religion but they have fear about so called SAMAJ and RELATIVES.

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Quote Originally Posted by AnilG View Post
    Its basically not only religion but they have fear about so called SAMAJ and RELATIVES.
    Its natural for anyone to have such fears of "SAMAJ" and "RELATIVES" because obviously, its an understood fact that you have to live with them. So, somewhere society does matter and infact should matter for the betterment, but not when you are forced to compromise with your happiness.

@Yahoo : Thanks !!! Yeah AnilG is taking a good care of his daughter just as an ideal father should do. This is I guess, the first time I am viewing a post on this forum initiated by a father concerned for his daughter's honour and life. Good going !!!
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!