+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Shilpa likely to join BJP

Advert.

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Shilpa likely to join BJP

Advert.
    CHANDIGARH: It is not just endorsements that are raining on Shilpa Shetty like confetti. Her success in Channel 4's reality show Celebrity Big Brother has given ideas to politicians, who feel they could use her new gritty-glam image just in time for the Punjab elections.

Leaving people asking for more, Bollywood star and BJP leader Vinod Khanna on Tuesday threw a little poll shock when he declared here that Shilpa "after having excelled at TV show Big Brother is likely to join BJP".

Adding a dash of drama to the announcement, Khanna said the BJP was the “big brother” back home here. Insisting that he was not joking, the actor-politician said he was declaring Shilpa's intent on joining BJP "in all seriousness".

Inspired by her triumph in the show which triggered an agonised debate on racism in modern day UK and had politicians, bureaucrats and academicians of both countries launch long diatribes on the dynamics of discrimination Khanna said if he had a chance he would not hesitate to take part in Big Brother .

"It would be an honour for me," he said, ignoring the sentiments of most of India regarding the show.

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Shilpa likely to join BJP

Soon after her ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ win, it seems Shilpa Shetty is becoming the toast of not just the film world, but among politicians back home as well – some of whom actually want the actor to join their ranks.

Speaking in Chandigarh, BJP MP Vinod Khanna said that he felt the members of the BJP are like Shilpa’s “Big brothers” and felt sure that the actor would be happy to join the party.

I think we are her ‘big brothers’, we are going to bring her into the BJP now...We hope that since we project ourselves as bgg brothers - I think we are big brothers - she would be very happy to join us also. I think the next step for Shilpa also is to join our party,” said Khanna.

Vinod Khanna's open invitation for Shilpa Shetty to join BJP has not gone down well with the party's central leadership however. BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said the decision had to be taken by Shilpa Shetty and not by the BJP.

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

Re: Shilpa likely to join BJP

Yeh ... Just Like The Big Brother in UK ... !!

+ Post a Comment HERE!