+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Windows 7.8 update for windows 7.5 Mango phone in 2013 Q1

Advert.

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper

Windows 7.8 update for windows 7.5 Mango phone in 2013 Q1

Advert.
    Microsoft today announced that it will bring Windows Phone 7.8 to existing Windows Phone 7.5 users in early 2013. The new software will add the ability to resize Live Tiles, a standout feature of Windows Phone 8, while also implementing some new security enhancements for Exchange users.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp7.8-640x360.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	1576

It is rumored, that the most obvious part of the update is the new homescreen which will feature the same resizable live tiles as on Windows Phone 8 running smartphones. From the sources, we came to know that Microsoft did published a blog post revealing the the actual launch time on that day. In the post, Microsoft says the Windows Phone 7.8 update is coming to WP7.5 devices, but that there will also be new devices launched with the new OS, mostly at lower price points.

The post also mentions several of the most important (and mostly already publicized) new features in 7.8, i. The update likely won’t be available to all users at once. Microsoft says it’s working closely with its hardware and carrier partners to bring it to “as many devices as possible” in early 2013.

On this Occasion Microsoft’s VP for Windows Phone, Terry Myerson, said in a blog posting that explains the benefits of faster access to “more of my favourite people, photos and apps”, “doubles the number of themes and accent colours”, “new lock screen and security features” and even new apps on the way – apps which aren’t just for 7.8 users, but 7.5 users too.

These include “Words with Friends and Draw Something” which “are already available”, with “Angry Birds Space and Angry Birds Star Wars” on the list of apps to come.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Adi Mehta
    Adi Mehta is offline eTI Iron
    Thanks for sharing this information. BUt I think they have completely cheated current phone windows 7.5 buyers as even if they have very costly phone, they can't upgrade to windows 8.

+ Post a Comment HERE!