+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Antivirus 2009 problem-how to remove it-Attention! your computer is infected....

Advert.

Mr.Vishal
    Mr.Vishal is offline eTI Iron

Antivirus 2009 problem-how to remove it-Attention! your computer is infected....

Advert.
    From last 2-3 days I am not able to open common websites like google, download.com etc. I tried various browser ie. like firefox, IE7 but did not work. Lately I found following error / message coming in my computer which is asking me to install Antivirus 2009.

The error says:

Attention ! if you computer is infected, you could suffer data loss, erratic PC behaviour, PC freezes and creashes.
    Detect and remove viruses before they damage your computer!
    Antivirus 2009 will perform a quick and 100% free scan of your computer for Viruses, Spyware and Adware.

Do you want to install Antivirus 2009 to scan your computer for malware now ? (Recommended)...

I guess it is some malware itself.. what should I do ? Computer behaving odd.. hanging most of time.

How to I remove this error and solve this problem ?

Below is screenshot I took of error..

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Antivirus 2009 problem-how to remove it-Attention! your computer is infected....

Best solution in this situation is to run spy removal software and antivirus full scan.

1. Before that, turn OFF "System Restore",
    goto control panel > system > System Restore
    There turn it off.

2. Now, goto your ADD-Remove program section and remove everything which you never installed, every suspected.

3. Run "msconfig" by typing it at RUN panel. Goto Startup and dis-select everything which you suspect can be unwanted program. If you dont' understand much then post here screen shot, I will suggest you.

4. Restart You computer.

5. Now whatever antivirus you have, make sure it is uptodate. Run full virus scan.
    You may also install Avira Free personal edition if your antivirus expired or wont' update.

6. Install Spybot search and destroy and update it then make full scan. Whatever issue came up, fix them.

I hope by now should be solved, if not then ..

7. Lastly, send us Hijackthis log file.
    You can download it Hijackthis program from here :
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...kthis/download

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: Antivirus 2009 problem-how to remove it-Attention! your computer is infected....

spy bot search and destroy will do the job alone as it is an adware andS&D can remove it.
    kamal

frontier2002
    frontier2002 is offline Newbie

Just an advice for future...when you see that kind of message again in the future quickly run away from it before it has the time to upload itself onto your PC

+ Post a Comment HERE!