+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Taking Bike Out of station for short duration

Advert.

Jayant Sharma
    Jayant Sharma is offline Just in!

Taking Bike Out of station for short duration

Advert.
    Hi, I am living in new delhi and I have shifted to Punjab for few months, possibly 6 months.
    I want to take my bike to Punjab , without getting it transferred at Punjab Tpt Deppt.

Can any one guide me that whether I am allowed to drive with the Delhi RC or Not while I am outstation with it?

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper
    Hi Jayant Sharma,"Welcome to eti",
    As per my knowledge for any vehicle which you need to ply on other states roads for a period of more thant one year, the rule says that you need to get your vehicle registered in another state.

For registering you need to:

a) Take NOC from delhi. You can also apply for refund of Road tax if your vehicle is quite new.

b) Apply with NOC, RC book, PUC, Insurance copy in original to RTO office of Punjab.

c) Tell them strictly that you need to drive this vehicle only for 6 months so you need to pay road tax for only 6 months nothing more than that.

d )Pay vehicle registration fees, octroi (if they demand for) and get yourself a Punjab number plate.

For period of less than 1 year you need not re register your vehicle. Just inform Punjab RTO and pay road tax for 6 month.

You should not take NOC unless and until you want to re register your vehicle with some other states registration authority.

I hope this information will help you in some way. For more help keep posting.

thankyou,

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Informative post Anand, thanks for sharing with us.

mohitshetty
    mohitshetty is offline Just in!
    If you want to stay only for six month you can say (if someone catches you) that you are here for studies and you will go back to your state in couple of month i guess no need of registration it will take around 15 days to get NOC and rest documentation takes around a month and few thousand rupees.
    If you want to go legally follow @Anand words.

+ Post a Comment HERE!