+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is the difference between a blog and website?

Advert.

Anuj9045
    Anuj9045 is offline eTI Iron

What is the difference between a blog and website?

Advert.
    Hi,
    As i love to read lot's of bloggers and try to be update with the latest technology updates. I want to know that what is the actual difference between a blogger and a person who owe a website.

Logique
    Logique is offline Just in!
    Blogging began with online journaling where people used blogs to publish their day-to-day thoughts and share them with family, friends and colleagues. In a blog there is mostly a first page that contains a collection of recently posted blog posts and then on the side or in the footer you have various links that you can use to jump from post to post and archive to archive. The content on a blog is mostly arranged in a linear fashion with the latest post appearing at the top. You can use a blog to chronicle your day-to-day activities, your learning process, news and updates about your organization or product, publish your literary thoughts and scientific findings and discuss all sorts of social as well as political issues. Blogging is perhaps the easiest form of publishing. You can either use one of the freely available blogging platforms to post your blog or you can register your own domain name and then publish your blog under that domain name: it all depends upon how comfortable you are setting up things.

So the basic difference between a blog and a website is that on a website your main page remains static (it is constantly changing in case of a blog) and other pages contain mostly static information. On blogs — at least on majority of blogs — you can leave comments and interact with bloggers and other visitors. Most of the times this does not happen in case of a website although even on a website you can have online forums and discussion threads.

buildindia
    buildindia is offline eTI Member
    A static or “regular” website has content that is rarely updated
    A blog on the other hand is updated regularly.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    That seems to be acceptable explanation buildindia..

By the way, whats your name "buildindia" ?

buildindia
    buildindia is offline eTI Member
    my name is rajesh i am from kochi...i am webmaster..

puneetchauhan
    puneetchauhan is offline Newbie
    A blog (a blend of the term web log) is a type of website or part of a website supposed to be updated with new content from time to time

7. Advert.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron
    Nice question and very well explained by Rajesh ji..

thnxxxx a lotttt for it...

+ Post a Comment HERE!