+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is Ready Boost and how it can increase the speed of computer.Explain?

Advert.

Anuj9045
    Anuj9045 is offline eTI Iron

What is Ready Boost and how it can increase the speed of computer.Explain?

Advert.
    Hi,
    From my source i heard if you want to increase your computer efficiency you can do it through Ready Boost at that time i said Ok...yeah i will but i heard it first time these two words in my life ,"READY BOOST". Please explain what it is and how it works. Elaborate it's installation and specification both well in your answer.

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper
    Hi anuj,
    ReadyBoost is a disk cache component of Microsoft Windows NT, first introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista and supported in Windows 7 and Windows 8. ReadyBoost can speed up your computer by using storage space on most USB flash drives and flash memory cards.

Follow these instruction listed below:
    • Plug a flash drive or flash memory card into your computer. This should automatically open AutoPlay.
      If AutoPlay doesn't open, it might be disabled. For more information, see Troubleshoot AutoPlay problems.
    • Under General options, click Speed up my system.
    • In the Properties dialog box, click the ReadyBoost tab, and then do one of the following:
      • To turn ReadyBoost off, click Do not use this device.
      • To use the maximum available space on the flash drive or memory card for ReadyBoost, click Dedicate this device to ReadyBoost. Windows will leave any files already stored on the device, but it will reserve the maximum space it can find and use it to boost your system speed.
      • To use less than the maximum available space on the device for ReadyBoost, click Use this device, and then move the slider to choose the amount of available space on the device you want to use.

• Click OK.

I hope you got your answer.

Alternatively you can also use link below for further reading:
    http://etalkindia.com/talk/computer-...indows-xp.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Anand mohan; 01-14-2013 at 10:01 AM.

+ Post a Comment HERE!