+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Parents are not agreeing for love marriage (20 year old girl)

Advert.

loser
    loser is offline Just in!

Parents are not agreeing for love marriage (20 year old girl)

Advert.
    i am 20 and in love with a guy from 3 years.my parents came to know about our love 1 month back and restricted me from speaking to him by blackmailing me that they will suicide if i try to talk to him or elope with him.he has settled in life and the only problem with my parents is that he is not from our caste.i came to know that he loves me and wants me to go with him and get married with his parents concern as they agreed for our marriage.i want him forever but at the same time i dont want to hurt my parents and elope with him because i have a younger sister.i tried to talk with my parents but they dont even want to listen to me.He tried to convince him but my parents are not agreeing please suggest me what to do?

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hi loser,

About 90% of the problems we get here on the forum pertains to the same issue - convincing parents for marriage. Frankly speaking there is no way out to convince them directly. Everything depends on how well you put forth your partner and yourself with him to your parents.
    Have you ever thought about why caste is so important for a relationship to work out, according to parents? Its just because throughout their lifetime till now they have only seen eligible guys and girls belonging to their own community, as good and fair match for their own sons and daughters. But what they fail to understand is, world is not limited to just their own community. Also nobody can guarantee that a guy/girl belonging to same community is a better match or will be the best suited person for their sons and daughters.
    All I am pointing out here is its really important for you to understand why parents insist on same caste marriages? The moment you'll understand it completely, you will be able to counter-act accordingly.

Ask your parents as to why they feel a guy belonging to their own community will be the best one for you?? How can they guarantee you the security you want in a relationship by marrying you to a guy of their own caste? Make them understand, caste system was once followed which noone appreciates nowdays. Ask them to come out of their thinking and understand where the world is heading to. Present your man as the only best and availbale option for you. Let them know why you consider him as your speacial someone? Make them understand, marriage is not just about marrying two individuals belonging to same caste. It demands love and respect which you will never be able to give to a person whom you will never like. Make them realize you or they have no rights to spoil a life of someone strange by marrying you to him when you will never be able to deliver what a wife is expected to.

The only way out of convincing your parents is talking and talking. Only a clear communication from your side can help you out. There is no Mantra to convince parents directly. Just by presenting your partner's worth in front of them will only help you out.

You might want to browse the following link : http://etalkindia.com/talk/love-frie...your-love.html
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!