+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Tracing my roots in India- Finding my father

Advert.

bishnukanaya
    bishnukanaya is offline Just in!

Tracing my roots in India- Finding my father

Advert.
    tracing my roots to india, my father left vellore, india in 1916 to the caribbean and never kept contact with his family.

my father left vellore, india in 1916 to trinidad, west indies as an indentured servant to the sugar plantations; he came alone and never returned to india to see his parents/siblings; he died 10 yrs ago and i am trying to find my ancestral roots. i have some info about family name, possible location where he lived, and a copy of his emigration pass when he left chennai (madras), ship # and date he left madras. any help/ suggestions, i will be grateful.

Sylvon
    Sylvon is offline Just in!

Roots in India

I'm from Trinidad, you can give me some more details.

bishnukanaya
    bishnukanaya is offline Just in!
    Thanks for your response. I am planning to visit Vellore, India soon to find my roots. I am hoping to get as much information as possible before I leave. My father left a family of (5) brothers and (2) sisters when he left India, in 1916. I am sure there maybe descendants living in that location or nearby. How can I trace them via public records that maybe still available.
    Thanks. Bishnu.

Ursula
    Ursula is offline Just in!
    Attachment 2139Attachment 2140Attachment 2141Attachment 2142Attachment 2143Good day. I recenting found a very old document 'Pass to indians'. This was granted to indians who where born in Natal (Durban) but wanted to travel to Transvaal (Johannesburg). It was for my Grand mother when she married my grand father and to bring her home to tranvaal he had to apply for a 'pass'. On this document was the names of her parents and the indentured numbers of their parents. I now have now have the names of these indentured indians who are part of my lineage. I would like to find more information about them. See attached files...6901,6902,6903 came together as a family baby girl just a year old. 6944 came the same year as 6901-3. 10601 came the year later. Can anyone help me trace them back to india?

+ Post a Comment HERE!