View Poll Results: How will you rate A Wednesday on Scale of 1-5?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lame (Very Poor)

0 0%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Good

4 66.67%
  • Very Good

2 33.33%
+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

A Wednesday Hindi Movie Review

Advert.

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

A Wednesday Hindi Movie Review

Advert.
    Hindi Movie Review

A Wednesday !

I believe there are various types of audience and so do various types of movies. I will not categorize them and hence I can not say in which category of audience I fall. If you are from audience who appreciated recent movie like Aamir then you will like this movie too.

A Wednesday is not just another movie which we see every Friday but a movie where you can see the effort behind it. A roughly 100 min movie and you will find how soon you reached the end but its just that movie is engaging and interesting enough that can top your clocks.

The plot of the movie is simple, rather very simple. Terrorism at its backdrop, the movie is about calls by some unknown person who threatens to blow up the city if his demands are not met. He want to few international terrorist to be released otherwise he will blow up the bombs he had planted. Ofcourse, movie has worked upon most of the common question which can come in one's mind.

Early Commissioner of Police Prakash Rathod (played by Anupam Kher) take his call as prank but soon because of some serious instances he had to believe and then he with his two most trusted officers .. Arif and Jai (Jimmy Shergil and Aamir Bashir resp.) began their pursuit to hunt that anonymous caller down.

However, that anonymous caller (Nasseruddin Shah) is always a step ahead and this makes it all interesting and engaging movie.

Movie is engaging which I have already repeated many times and that is what makes it worthy to watch. Movie is well planned and well designed or.. I can say that movie is consisting throughout.

Neeraj Panday, who also did Screenplay writing for the movie apart of direction seems to worked just right upon the movie. Editing and even camera angles will impress you. A well crafted movie and well supported by the cast and crew. Nasserudding Shah is so expressive throughout the movie and on the other hand, Anupam Kher as Police Chief seems to be indulged in his character so perfectly. Even Jimmy Shergill gave their top notch performance.

However there are few logical flaws but are minor enough that one will not notice unless until he is not watching movie to find out the errors.

I must say .. a good movie and good presentation. A must watch if you are bored of just common cinema.

I will give it 4/5 .. which very rare now a days on Bollywood Cinema.

Please do give your views about this movie here and if you liked this post then please do mention, it will be a motivating factor

surefire
    surefire is offline Just in!

Re: A Wednesday Hindi Movie Review

A Wednesday, is surely an excellent movie. As has been rightly pointed out, there may be some flaws, but almost by the time you can feel it, the protogonist tells you " I am not worried about the methods but the results"
    A must watch for anyone with even a smallest sense of reponsibilty.
    We will always get a government that we deserve and this movie hits the nail RIGHT on the forehead

surefire

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Definitely a good movie. I agree surefire.. Though I was able to spot few flaws but nevermind.. A very good effort indeed

rock_amol
    rock_amol is offline eTI Iron

Good try

Roja
    Roja is offline eTI Member

I liked the movie wonderful act by Naseer and Kher

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

My fav movie... in this year of 2009 we hope to get such movies.. i dont see any movies lined up with such title
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

7. Advert.

Rakesh Sen Guest

Thumbs up Very Very good Film

I saw this film about 89 times. I request to all people to saw this film again again.

+ Post a Comment HERE!