+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Have you felt it - your internet slower ? Biggest internet attack

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Have you felt it - your internet slower ? Biggest internet attack

Advert.
    From times of India :
    A "bazooka" cyberattack described as the most powerful ever seen has slowed traffic on the internet, raising fresh concerns over online security. The attacks targeted Spamhaus, a Geneva-based volunteer group that publishes spam blacklists, and led to cyberspace congestion that may have affected the Internet overall.
    Internet users worldwide are having to endure slow connections after the biggest cyberattack in history.

Full news

I know about all those company who were targeted as I am also indirectly using their services, really this was a very large magnitude attack.

Few days back , 3 Egyptian divers cut under see cable :
    Internet speeds in India, especially for customers of Bharti Airtel, Tata Communications and state-owned BSNL and MTNL are set to be disrupted for the next 20-25 days, after a key undersea cable, carrying data traffic across 14 countries, from Singapore to France, was cut off the coast of Egypt. Two other key cable networks, linking Asia to Europe, were also allegedly damaged.
    I actually felt it few days back when it started and I thought my internet connection has bonkers but then we see so many news. It looks like we are so much dependent on internet that someone can actually easily affect your life if he can turn off internet around you, nothing will work, no ATM, no TV, no Phone, No Business as things are not highly dependent on internet, even you will have hard time in travelling because if there is no internet, you can't even book ticket online and everyone will rush to railway stations, booking counters, airport and believe , it will chaos everywhere ..

So what is your ISP , is it working good ?
    Last edited by Ricky; 03-30-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    To add here, its part of news, old but still important here.
    :
    On Thursday, Egypt announced that it has arrested three divers for allegedly slicing the South East Asia-Middle East-West Europe 4 (SEA-ME-WE 4) that runs from Singapore to France and connects Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, UAE, Tunisia and Algeria.

+ Post a Comment HERE!